WHY ARE CARBS SO EVIL..... i ruined my weeeekkk .. i guess.

Options
I HAD ALL TYPES OF CARBS TODAY ESPECIALLY SUGAR ,the worst thing any person can have. i had a total of arouundd 1600 max. i'm HOPING not more at least!! with exercise
. My goal is 1200 :( what shall i do?? this whole week i had 1200 if i didnt mess it up for another day i wouldve lost the amount of weight i wanted/week... shall i just eat 400 cals less tomorrow?
WHAT DO you think what do you do... i know i should have a lot of protein tomorrow because of today

MOTIVATION PLEASE I feel like **** cuz i wasnt thinking right it wasnt like i needed more carbs i just did it...
im kinda glad i didnt over do it but it's STILL not enough !!!UGH.
i know you would tell me just continue tomorrow but half a pound a week is frustrating

Replies

• Ociases
    Ociases Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it. You had an off day and tomorrow will be better. Maybe you could put a little extra time in the gym tomorrow but I wouldn't recommend eating under 1200 calories what with the risk of pushing yourself into starvation mode.
  • northwolfpack
    Options
    Try Miracle Noodle at www.miraclenoodle.com

OR

www.konjacfoods.com

Good Luck
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    carbs are not bad if you eat the right kind!
  • oceanlvr9495
    Options
    you are right tomorrow is a new day!!! but it also took (me) a while to put the weight on it's not going to come off over night. the first week i only lost a 1/2 pound, i actually weigh in tomorrow morning. not sure how well i'm going to do, i had way to much sodium today. alot more than i usually have. just remember you also loose inches to!!! and that is not a bad thing either. just hang in there!!!
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Girl, I hear ya!!! I had a really bad eating binge that lasted 2.5 days.....I feel swollen, hung over, like crap!! I am back at it today, got my workout in.....but I wonder why I do this to myself too? It is beyond us to beat ourselves up for it, so just start a new, take the losses and go for it!! We can get this together!! Hang in there!!
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    One day wont hurt your effort. It's when one day turns into 2 then 3 and so an and so forth! I have lost over 50 pounds in 6 months and I know for a fact that I have had an off day here and there with no lasting damages. Just get back on the pony tomorrow and ride!
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Your week is not ruined! Take a little time tomorrow to go a couple extra miles... Eat your tomorrow food.. tomorrow! One flub does not a hundred pounds make! Pick yourself up, Dust yourself off, Eat well tomorrow, Exercise daily, and Be happy is was a little flub!!! Not all carbs are bad, pick and choose the ones that benefit you rather than make you sluggish and guilty feeling!

With Friendship and Warmth from Missouri!

~ Sonia
  • philsy1
    philsy1 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't know that carbs in general are so bad, but sugar may be for reasons not directly related to dieting (diabetes, tooth decay, etc) The main thing is to have a more balanced diet for general health. This is pretty much a "calories is what matters" weight loss site, but protein, vitamins and fats have a lot of nutritional value too. Best of luck getting back on track!:
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    First of all don't eat 400 less tomorrow. It is a new day shoot for your daily goal and move on.

Second, your daily deficit is most likely more than 400 calories. That means that even with the 400 "extra" calories you are still at a calorie deficit and will not gain weight because of today. If you have MFP set to lose 1 pound, which is the recommended setting, then the daily calorie deficit MFP gives you is 500 calories. That means you are really still under maintenance calorie level by 100 calories.
  • havs23
    havs23 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Don't beat yourself up over it! Not every day has to be perfect, what matters is that you're here and you're trying to make a conscious change in your lifestyle. And something that big is hard, it doesn't happen overnight - so don't be too hard on yourself; smile, take a deep breath, and congratulate yourself on what you HAVE accomplished this week and look forward to the next :) Good luck!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    1. One day will not ruin your diet. 2. Sugar isn't the worst thing a person can eat. I can think of a lot worse.

Just eat sensibly tomorrow and going forward.

Good luck!
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Trying to make up for it will only make things unnecessarily difficult and won't really gain you anything. And don't harbour any regrets. Regrets don't burn enough calories to be worthwhile.
  • someonelikemyself
    Options
    i absolutely love your replies they're actually NOT what i expected , i expected something like just forget about it and you didn't ruin your week. (that's it). Convincing and motivational answers are what i needed, tomorrow ill focus on protein and avoid sugar what so ever. I do eat the good carbs don';t worry that's why i felt guilty today it's because i ate the wrong types of carbs which i don't often do and often avoid :)

THANKYOU.