• fitnesscat2014
    fitnesscat2014 Posts: 30 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Anyone here feel free to add me 🙃🙂 looking for some MFP friends. ✌🏽
  • letakach
    letakach Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Shonna (and everyone else), I’m starting over and welcome new friends! My meds are stable so I don’t have mental health problems to deal with so much but they don’t kick in until mid-day so my brain is just not even turned on when I need it to be to exercise. I do understand the mental health aspect though, as I have had a couple of breakdowns despite the stable meds and could barely pull my butt out of bed for a month each time. I can’t even imagine how I would have gotten myself on a treadmill. I also work in a children’s psychiatric hospital, so mental health is my job. Hang in there and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • nwoutdoorgrl
    nwoutdoorgrl Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! 😊 For some reason, I can’t add people. I was able to a few weeks ago but now I can’t.
  • 74scouse
    74scouse Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi shonna I to had cardiac issues, I had a heart attack 2 years ago and I had a heart op in June last year so I haven't trained for 2 years I'm only just getting back into it. Plus I suffer from depression and anxiety. But you can do it, hard at first I had to drag myself to the gym but I am starting to feel better in myself plus gym is really good for your mental health. Meet friends thete but find yourself a good gym that you feel comfortable in.
  • xGreatWhiteNorthx
    xGreatWhiteNorthx Posts: 335 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    74scouse wrote: »
    Hi shonna I to had cardiac issues, I had a heart attack 2 years ago and I had a heart op in June last year so I haven't trained for 2 years I'm only just getting back into it. Plus I suffer from depression and anxiety. But you can do it, hard at first I had to drag myself to the gym but I am starting to feel better in myself plus gym is really good for your mental health. Meet friends thete but find yourself a good gym that you feel comfortable in.

I live rurally, it would take me 45 minutes each way to go to a gym lol but I do get regular exercise with my job itself, swimming, hiking, walking, splitting and stacking firewood, yard work, canoeing etc.

I was going to the gym when I worked fulltime in town but my mental health cant handle the fulltime work and the gym memberships arent worth it if I only go the 2 times per week when I do work. I also work 12-16 hour days plus commute those days so it's already a long day.
  • 51caTlaDy
    51caTlaDy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Shonna. Good for you trying to get healthier now. I'm 52 and over 300 lbs. I wish I had started earlier. I have battled depression since I was twelve.

• l1bbylabel7
    l1bbylabel7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I’m glad to see this post because I’m starting again as well. I went to Walmart today to buy a pair of larger size jeans because my current ones are really tight but then I got mad at myself for gaining back some of the weight I had lost (30 out of100 lbs lost) and put them back on the shelf.

I’ve also struggled with depression all my life and have been on medication for many years. I’ve been feeling depressed for the last couple of weeks.

Sugar is a lot of my problem and I was off the sweet stuff (candy, cookies, ice cream etc) for about 2 years and then started eating it again at Christmas. That when I started gaining again.

So count me in and let’s support each other! Thanks!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

I have a laundry list of ailments myself. Hoping I can shed a few on my journey.
  • WorkinOnTheNewMe
    WorkinOnTheNewMe Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I added everyone on here. I love to give and receive encouragement! Anyone after me feel free to add me!!!
  • lindsayface89
    lindsayface89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Anyone here: add me please! Im in the same exact boat Shonna. My mental health was in a scary scary place last year. Since then Im slowly stabilizing with the help of my doctors and familys support. Im sick of yoyo'ing my entire life. Lose 70 lbs, gain 60 back, lose 30 lbs, gain 40 back, lose 20, gain it back... im done. I want to make a lifestyle swith and stick to it once and for all. I have lost 8 lbs in 10 days on moderate, low carb. I know from my past, I need a community for accountability and to stay engaged. Anyone here, please add me🙌🤗