Help with Weight Loss, Stuck!

2»

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    My goal weight is 140lbs and the only extras that I don't really account for is the use of frylight cooking sprays and cups of green tea and squash.

I have a vague idea what squash is (US, here), but no idea on the calorie content. Is it low-cal?
  • quiksylver296
    Assuming we have missed no issues, the next option is to take a diet break. A month or two of eating maintenance calories, and then get back to it.

There is a good thread about diet breaks and refeeds, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe someone else has it and can link it.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    My goal weight is 140lbs and the only extras that I don't really account for is the use of frylight cooking sprays and cups of green tea and squash.

I have a vague idea what squash is (US, here), but no idea on the calorie content. Is it low-cal?

there are different types of squash so it can vary. can be low cal but depends on quantity. like any vegetable it can add up if you eat enough. I log my spagetthi squash...for example I have 277grams of sqaush raw logged at 86cals.
  • tracybear86
    tracybear86 Posts: 163 Member
    Squash meaning a lemonade type drink? If so you should be logging that also as I am guessing it has calories (50-150 per some database entries) and if you are already a healthy weight then everything counts.
  • quiksylver296
    edited July 2019
    Panini911 wrote: »

there are different types of squash so it can vary. can be low cal but depends on quantity. like any vegetable it can add up if you eat enough. I log my spagetthi squash...for example I have 277grams of sqaush raw logged at 86cals.

Squash in the UK is a lemonade-type drink, @Panini911.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member

Squash in the UK is a lemonade-type drink.

Oops! I clearly had no idea!
  • quiksylver296

Squash in the UK is a lemonade-type drink.

Oops! I clearly had no idea!

The things you learn on MFP! :laugh:
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    174cm

I'd expect 150lb to be a better target weight at your height. In addition of the other suggestions of logging more accurately, you could probably dial back your protein to 150g/day.
  • gcgwynne
    gcgwynne Posts: 1 Member

Yeah agree with the other posters. This is a sugary fruit-punch type of drink in the UK correct? You should log those and I'll bet that's where the discrepancy is. One type in this link is 160 calories a serving. https://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/527949446
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    I'm pretty certain that they make sugar free squash. I'm not sure how much sugar free beverages you are drinking a day, but I find when I drink too much artificially sweetened drinks it slows my weight loss. You might try drinking just water for several days and see if that makes a difference.
  • dwarren1992
    dwarren1992 Posts: 10 Member
    It is just sugar free squash that you add water to. So it is only 3 calories per glass
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    It is just sugar free squash that you add water to. So it is only 3 calories per glass

We don't have squash in the US, for the longest time I thought people were talking about the fruits that are in the squash family, like zucchinis and pumpkins and butternut squash. I was like, how are they drinking that? :lol:
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    Assuming we have missed no issues, the next option is to take a diet break. A month or two of eating maintenance calories, and then get back to it.

There is a good thread about diet breaks and refeeds, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe someone else has it and can link it.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks/p1
  • jwilliams1975
    jwilliams1975 Posts: 6 Member
    I am hoping someone will be able to help me spot where I am going wrong. I have been dieting for several months now at around 1500 calories a day, but I can't seem to get any lower weight wise. I am completely stuck at 11st 6lbs and have been for several weeks now.

I have a completely desk based job, so i focus on exercising in the forms of weight training, cardio and badminton at least every day. I drink nothing other than green tea and squash.

qr445qd3rtrl.png
    y60xqbzm01jf.png

I have added images of my usual daily dieting and was wondering if anyone can spot what I might be doing wrong?

The help would be greatly appreciated.
    I am hoping someone will be able to help me spot where I am going wrong. I have been dieting for several months now at around 1500 calories a day, but I can't seem to get any lower weight wise. I am completely stuck at 11st 6lbs and have been for several weeks now.

I have a completely desk based job, so i focus on exercising in the forms of weight training, cardio and badminton at least every day. I drink nothing other than green tea and squash.

qr445qd3rtrl.png
    y60xqbzm01jf.png

I have added images of my usual daily dieting and was wondering if anyone can spot what I might be doing wrong?

The help would be greatly appreciated.

• teranga79
    teranga79 Posts: 202 Member
    lamahabamf wrote: »
    Try lowering your calories by 200 or increasing exercise. Also, if you have been dieting non stop for a while it might be good to have a cheat to kick start your metabolism.

Not a thing.

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I really don’t know. But at 160, aiming for 140, are your expectations too high? You probably shouldn’t be losing very fast?
  • sydneyck91
    sydneyck91 Posts: 3 Member
    You’re taking in a lot of carbs. It isn’t a bad thing, we need carbs! Every meal should be 3 ounces of protein (actual meat or a soy substitute) 2-3 servings of carbs (a whole banana is 2 servings, so don’t go by the box. If you go by the serving size on the box count that as your 2-3) and a non-starchy veg (green beans, carrots, lettuce, spinach, salad, etc). It is a lot more food, but still low calorie. Watch it on drinks though, and try to drink mostly water. Those changes will help you out