Losing 50lbs in your 40s

I need a support system ... please help!

wbk2kwke52ra.jpeg

Replies

• amiskell28
    amiskell28 Posts: 23 Member
    Feel free to friend me! I started with about 63 to lose, now down to needing to lose about 35. And I'm definitely in my 40's! :smiley:
  • amiskell28
    Oh, and I started this journey in 2013. Which is nuts, when I think about it. So many stops and starts!
  • thatjodiegirl
    thatjodiegirl Posts: 95 Member
    Feel free to add me. I'm 47 years old, and eat 1250-1300 calories per day. I started in September of 2018 with 50 pounds to lose. I've lost 35.
  • luvinlifesue3
    luvinlifesue3 Posts: 1 Member
    Feel free to add me ! I’m 43 and trying very hard to loose these darn 50 pounds I gained ! Lost 8 so far
  • toshibella
    toshibella Posts: 17 Member
    I'm 41 and have lost some weight already but still have a ways to go. 50 definitely! I will send a friend request :)
  • angiepangiehfx
    angiepangiehfx Posts: 36 Member
    I don’t know how to add people🤷🏻‍♀️😂🤦🏻‍♀️
  • angiepangiehfx
    I tried to add Amiskell28 ... but I have no idea how to 😂 ... I’m usually pretty good with technology ... but this app is terrible lol
  • BlissedMama
    BlissedMama Posts: 25 Member
    I’m in the same boat! You can friend me too- I think you just click on the profile picture and then there is a person with a plus sign to add someone
  • angiepangiehfx
    Ahhhhh! That’s what I’ve been doing! Thought I might be inviting people to my post 😂😂
  • amiskell28
    I tried to add Amiskell28 ... but I have no idea how to 😂 ... I’m usually pretty good with technology ... but this app is terrible lol

You added me Angie! :smile:
  • angiepangiehfx
    oszjgdfsmgd7.jpeg

• angiepangiehfx
    I’m back ... after a 7lb gain ... I’m surprised it wasn’t 20 the way I was eating! 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • OneSourApple
    OneSourApple Posts: 18 Member
    Oh my goodness yes!
  • angiepangiehfx
    I don’t want to just Diet. I do not want to be flabby. My biggest fear is getting bat wings - personally id rather be a little overweight. I need something that is going to push me to my limit - that is my nature - unfortunately I must keep all sweets out of my home. I wish I had the willpower - but I don’t.
  • angiepangiehfx
    It’s a lifestyle change - and we have to accept it. That’s the only way to keep it off. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    It’s not willpower, it’s discipline. There is a reason Nike’s slogan is “just do it”, because at the end of the day that’s what you have to do. Eat right, workout, keep picking yourself up and carry on. There’s not magic just grim determination and discipline
  • angiepangiehfx
    That’s a great idea to look back at gains!