10 DAYS - Thinking About the WHY

Options
dani_caylor
dani_caylor Posts: 11 Member
I have a solid grasp of what I should eat to stay healthy. I struggle with why I sometimes make poor food choices. For the next ten days, I will pick a moment from the day that I made (or almost made) a bad food choice or good food choice, why I think I made that food choice, and how I think I could prevent/ maintain making the same choices in the future.

Example:
Choice -ate layered bean dip and tortilla chips as a snack
Why -none of my fruit was clean and easy to grab
Action -have already cut fruit and fruit that doesn’t need cut on hand

6/11
6/12
6/13
6/14
6/15
6/16
6/17
6/18
6/19
6/20

Replies

• tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    Hello @dani_caylor, May I join you on this 10 days of discovery? I have been doing this very thing for some months now, but ALWAYS with the posting of my body weight. Ultimately, the choices end up as your weight loss or gain, but the choices don't necessarily have to do with hunger.
  • dani_caylor
    Options
    You are more than welcome to join me! 😊
  • dani_caylor
    Options
    6/11
    CHOICE: My spaghetti portion was too high.
    WHY: It was less than I would normally take, so I rationalized taking more than I needed.
    ACTION: Review appropriate portion sizes before eating supper and eat more veggies if still hungry.

6/12
    6/13
    6/14
    6/15
    6/16
    6/17
    6/18
    6/19
    6/20
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I'm only two days in so have nothing to offer but praise for the insight this discussion will provide.

I'll contribute more when, not if, I make a poor choice. :*
  • dani_caylor
    Options
    6/11
    CHOICE: My spaghetti portion was too high.
    WHY: It was less than I would normally take, so I rationalized taking more than I needed.
    ACTION: Review appropriate portion sizes before eating supper and eat more veggies if still hungry.

6/12
    CHOICE: Ate lemon bread knowing I would go over my calorie goal.
    WHY: I was very hungry and it was the first thing out on the table.
    ACTION: Request no bread or for the bread to be served after the meal to take home.

6/13
    6/14
    6/15
    6/16
    6/17
    6/18
    6/19
    6/20

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    6/13
    CHOICE: got a slice of cake after lunch when I was not hungry

WHY: a bad habit I began in May, had worked out hard,only slept 6 hours the night before, sugar!

ACTION: well, I keep my calories down for the day, so I can have it. But weight is creating up....OK my action will be to eat no more than 1/2.
  • witchyemerald
    witchyemerald Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love this idea I know it's the 15ths and you're half way through bit can I join you?

6/15
    CHOICE: grabbed 2 mini quesadillas at taco bell when I was hungry on the way home.

WHY: I got slammed at work and didnt take a good lunch break.

ACTION: pack a snack to eat on the drive home if I need it.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    6/18
    CHOICE: Ate too many tortilla chips leftover from Father’s Day party

WHY: I’m not quite sure. I have a cold & it was asking me to feed it. 😄 I did count and track them.

ACTION: Wash & trim all fruit & veg tomorrow AM, so they will be just as easy to grab. AND: eat delicious summer corn next time, not cardboard salty chips. LoL
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    7/4
    I seem to want to eat more on vacation - as does hubby.

Probably just long-standing habits, and we haven’t traveled much since I began weight loss journey, so very little practice.

Could be that we’re mostly lounging around so eating as entertainment. Combatting that with art & good books.

ACTION: only eat when truly hungry, but don’t let myself get too hungry.

Drink LOTS of water- yesterday’s food was incredibly salty. Sodium ups my appetite so watch this until back to normal.

I also went grocery shopping to get my regular healthy foods in the fridge last night (I always get a place with fridge now.)

Bring food for road trip days. I did do that yesterday but hubby (and then me) wanted to eat out.
    I will definitely do that for the drive home!

All will be fine. I love being thinner/healthier, and I want to be that way the rest of my life.