reverse nsv?

Options
Okay so this nsv {does} involve the scale. let me explain, long story short, I needed a physical done for work and when the doctor weighed me it said 260. not the 256 I worked so hard to get to. 4pound weight gain in 2weeks. i should be depressed, but I'm not. i know what to do, so NSV for me, I feel good, and these 2 weeks of "happy" eating and minimal exercise are over. back to business :smile: thanks for reading.

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    every scale is different! once when i was 180 I weighed myself on the old gym at school and it said 190!!
  • tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Great attitude!!!!
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My mom works for a doctor's office. I weighed myself there about a month ago while visiting her and almost panicked until my mom walked in the room and said "that scale usually reads about 6lbs high" No 2 scales are the same and considering a doctor's office can't be trusted as completely accurate, I wouldn't worry so much.
  • countrymom1
    countrymom1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My old scale was almost always 7 pounds off from the dr.'s scale. Then, I bought a Weight Watchers digital scale at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I went to the doctor just last week and it was dead-on with my scale at home!
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Great mindset girl, work it!!:wink:
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    true, but i checked the other scale i use, and it confirmed it, lol.
  • animamelodic
    Options
    That's a great attitude to have! Sometimes it takes a minor setback to kick yourself back into gear! Get to it, girl!
  • countrymom1
    countrymom1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    BTW, good for you on your NSV. Sometimes we need a little wake-up call to get us going again. Like the old saying goes, "It can make you bitter or better" -- and you chose BETTER! Way to go!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    My mom works for a doctor's office. I weighed myself there about a month ago while visiting her and almost panicked until my mom walked in the room and said "that scale usually reads about 6lbs high" No 2 scales are the same and considering a doctor's office can't be trusted as completely accurate, I wouldn't worry so much.
    I thought medical scales had to be checked by weights and measures to read correctly. But of course you will weigh more at the Drs office due to that fact you have most likely eaten and have clothes on.
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    I admire your attitude!
  • tommys
    tommys Posts: 61
    Options
    Memphis You ROCK!
  • RedNeckGal1970
    Options
    That's a great NSV!!! Just your attitude alone is a victory!!! Very inspiring! Congrats on the new tude! And thanks for sharing! When I go to the doctor, they always laugh at me, I take off everything I can, earrings, rings, watch, shoes, socks, put down my purse, empty my pockets the whole bit... and then because my hair is stuck in the 80's, I always make her knock and extra 2 pounds off for hair and product! Then as I stop on the scales I squinsh my eyes shut as tight as I can and turn my head... saying, "don't tell me what it says". I have no idea what the doctor thinks I weigh. :embarassed:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!