Addicted to food

Options
I am finding today extremely hard. I exercised today and burned off a bunch of calories. It said that I can have more to eat because I burned the calories, but I have decided not to since it would seems like a waste.

Should I have something to eat?

I'm on day three of cutting back on meat, and I am craving it badly. I've completely stuffed my face with fruits and vegetables, and for dinner I had firm tofu. Anyone had this problem? Should I just go to sleep?

Or perhaps take a walk to the local burger joint...

Replies

• tklarakis
    Options
    Well most people on here tend to eat back their exercise calories, so I would say having a healthy snack is not a bad idea! Keep in mind when cutting out meat, you really need to find other sources of protein. I usually go with soy meat substitutes, Quorn "Chicken" products are the BEST! Also nuts and dairy work, but the less protein and fiber you eat the less full your gonna feel. Good luck!

PS. Also addicted to food, and a vegetarian :-P
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Do you want to become a vegetarian?
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com
  • xtroidanarymachine
    Options
    Try cutting fatty meats, and keep lean unprocessed meats like grilled chicken and fish. I tend to cook more than we need so I'll have it the next day. Foe me, protein seems to curb my hunger longer than empty calories from crackers and stuff. Unless you are trying to go Veg? At any rate, Good luck! No burger! I really wanted one today too. My 1st post of the day said so... lol
  • ClassicGirl79
    ClassicGirl79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I can understand feeling like you might "waste" the calories if you eat, but remember - your calorie target is already low enough to lead to weight loss even before you exercise! Sure, the loss might be modest by comparison, but that's why people say that weight lost slowly is more likely to stay gone: if you make life your life unbearable, who could stand to keep that up long term? Cut yourself some slack. Eat a healthy snack (maybe just take up SOME of your surplus?) and pat yourself on the back for staying on track!

(P.S. - Turkey hot dogs kill the "I need unhealthy processed meat NOW" cravings. God bless the good people at Jenny-O...)
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Do what you want with your exercise calories, but try to keep your NET calories over 1200.

If you want to help with the cravings, try a piece of gum. A lot of people like the ones that taste like sweet foods, but the mint ones really get me to stop thinking about food.
  • JAGS2012
    JAGS2012 Posts: 13
    Options
    Vegetarian... God no... but I know I ate to much meat and the Dr. says I really have to stop eating so much meat.

I am glad that I am not alone though. A friend of mine said "When I start feeling hungry, drink a glass of water" I've had 2 glasses and still thinking about it. Anyway... I think what I will do is take a walk, and if I do eat I'll just have to work extra harder tomorrow.

Johnnoh
  • JAGS2012
    JAGS2012 Posts: 13
    Options
    Oooh maybe I can have that...

You're absolutely right. I should cut me some slack, it is Friday after all.