Zumba for Wii

Options
Any thoughts on zumba for Wii? I want to try it, but before I spend the money I want opinions on whether it's a good workout or not. Thanks!!

Replies

• tarrox
    tarrox Posts: 47
    Options
    A lot of people love it, I personally don't. I prefer going to an actual class or using Youtube to follow the routines.
  • jenfotovat
    Options
    I have a Wii, but never tried the Zumba on it. I have it for the Kinnect though, and I personally think that Zumba is hard to follow and too fast for me..but Im very uncoordinated lol. Some ppl might like it, but I like this other one called Dance Central. Its like Hip hop dancing, but it breaks it down slowly so you can keep up with the steps. Its alot of fun..not sure if they have it for the Wii...
  • BelindaBuzz
    Options
    LOVE IT! Just bought it a couple days ago. My daughter and I did it together and tonight a girlfriend came over and did it too and now she is going to buy it. We had a blast and it burns and we were sweating! I live out in the middle of corn fields so my gym has to be at home so this is fantastic!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I've never done Zumba classes or videos just on wii and I LOVE IT. When I bust my @$$ I am burning around 700-800 calories in a 45 minute session! Oh and I bought mine from ebay and got a decent deal!

Edited to add - the calories burned is based on my HRM :)
  • lionsaults
    Options
    Any thoughts on zumba for Wii? I want to try it, but before I spend the money I want opinions on whether it's a good workout or not. Thanks!!

They added Zumba for the Wii on the Redbox, so you can go and rent it there for 2 dollars and test it out before you decided to buy it.
  • Enp1
    Enp1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba for the ps3 move and i love it. To me it is a great work out and if you keep with it great results. I have a friend that uses the wii and is practically addicted to it she works out with it everyday for at least 30 minutes. I have an aunt that has actually been going to in person classes since november and walks daily and she has lost 60ibs.
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    I have it and I Love it!!! Go to Redbox and try it out and see if you like it!
  • alemj
    alemj Posts: 8
    Options
    They added Zumba for the Wii on the Redbox, so you can go and rent it there for 2 dollars and test it out before you decided to buy it.
    What is your zumba experience? have u tried live classes? like the postings say, try all alternatives before u spend ur money. But I do recommend Zumba, is a great workout whether is live, on a video, or a game!
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options

That is awesome!!! I've been wanting to try it as well before I buy it. I will definitely be going to RedBox soon! I use Jenny McCarthy's Your Shape game & I love it! I always choose the workout option for weight loss and I burn 600- 700 calories in a 30 minute workout! I'm sweating like crazy by the time it's over!!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you like to dance then I highly recommend this!!!!
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    A lot of people love it, I personally don't. I prefer going to an actual class or using Youtube to follow the routines.

took the words out of my, well, not mouth, so fingers.. lol
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    if you have dvds it is the same. it is not a game and the tracking is terrible.