Scuba Divers?

Options
Hello ...searching for folks that scuba. I dive a quarry for training and most of my fun dives are centoes in Mexcio.

Replies

• cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My husband and I scuba dive. We’ve been to Cozumel and the cenotes near Playa Del Carmen. We’ve also gone to Bali. But now my husband only wants to warm water dive (Florida keys) because wearing a 7 mil wetsuit, hood gloves is not as fun! Well he did say he would go back to Catalina. We are in Southern California so we have been to most of the local dive sites here.
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hey Paddydiver. Ssi diver here (was PADI, but club transferred and I upgraded my quals in the process). Love Centotes and Cozumel. (Learnt to dive on honeymoon in Playacar). Sadly though most of my diving is either on a Friday night in the 3m pool, or at Stoney Cove quarry here in the UK.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I have done about 350 dives, mainly in the UK, and mainly on the South coast. My club keeps a boat at Portland, Dorset.

I have a PFO, so I am depth limited. It looks like my insurance may pay for the closure, so hopefully I can be back to proper depths before too long
  • paddydiver24
    paddydiver24 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Thanks for responding and keeping the thread going!
    skinnyrev....Do you instruct or divemaster? If the vis in the quarry here is good, I'll take a few pictures of the dinosaurs we sank for a distinctive specialty called the zombie apocalypse. Good times there

drmwc...hope the surgery works for you!!

cherie...one of my bucket list dives is Catalina Island and the kelp...maybe if lucky...encounter with a friendly sea lion.

You all can add me as friend if you want.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Are you a qualified cave diver, paddy? The cenotes look fun.

I started to move towards more technical diving. I bought a twin-set and did GUE fundies, but then I got bent and my PFO was revealed.
  • cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Was thinking of diving Guadalcanal next year on my way out of hiking Papua New Guinea. Would have to bring my reg with me since I don’t trust renting that (and my mask). Has anyone done Guadalcanal wrecks?
  • paddydiver24
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »

I started to move towards more technical diving. I bought a twin-set and did GUE fundies, but then I got bent and my PFO was revealed.

Yes, I am padi staff instructor. Not a cave diver...might become a cavern diver, for now, I'll use a guide in Mexcio.
  • paddydiver24
    Options
    Was thinking of diving Guadalcanal next year on my way out of hiking Papua New Guinea. Would have to bring my reg with me since I don’t trust renting that (and my mask). Has anyone done Guadalcanal wrecks?

I have not dove in the pacific yet. Some of my friends became tec divers to dive the wrecks of Truk Lagoon. They said the water temp was 85 from the surface to 180 feet.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »

Surprisingly most of the diveops will take OW divers into the cenotes. I was planing on going full cave, did my cavern in Cozuumel.

@Paddydiver24 if you're thinking of getting cavern certified in Mexico reach out to German Yanez he (literally) wrote the book on cave diving in Mexico, is the president of the Speleological society and a great instructor/all 'round good guy. (Facebook https://www.facebook.com/german.yanez.96)
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I did my first dives in almost 13 years last weekend. I went in Coiba, Panama, which has some very amazing diving.

Unfortunately my GoPro got accidentally triggered on on the boat and died in the beginning of my second dive, so I missed getting a shot of the giant turtle that swam up right next to us. But I did manage to get a pretty cool picture of some reef sharks.

6n3aiqv7cj0l.jpg