not a water drinker

Options
leomom72
leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
ok, so sometimes, i have bad sodium days..i don't go over, in fact, i am a couple hundred under the 2500, but i still gain from it..my problem is, i am not a water drinker..any advice on how i should get myself to drink more ?? i don't want to try mio..they are too expensive for being such a small bottle, for one, and for two, i heard they can start doing damage ( just what i heard ) i have some packets of raspberry tea, the powder stuff..should i consider the powdered mixes as water ? my mfp friends tell me continuously i need to drink more water, but i have always been this way..what should i do ??

Replies

• zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i was never really a water drinker either.

so here is what i did.

i drank water.

no one said this was an easy gig. you just gotta do what you gotta do.

i find it goes down a lot easier if it is really cold, and you skull it down fast.

i even heard that drinking it cold burns more calories because your body has to heat it up.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I 'm the same way but after a while I just go used to it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The tea is fine. It will flush that sodium out just same as plain water.
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    start off with cutting some juice with water, or adding fresh fruit like lemons and oranges to water. i get a lot of water in by drinking multiple cups of tea throughout the day.. all flavors! a little sweetener makes tea so yummy.
  • Pinky67
    Pinky67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I try to drink herbal teas and things like that, but at the end of the day I love my coffees. Any advice or help would be appreciated. I usually can get through 2 cups of water per day, plus a couple of herbal teas :( is this enough or should I be worried?
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Just suck it up and drink it...

Or try and incorporate more foods with water- fruits, veggies, and soups (but watch out as some have crazy high sodium) are all high in water.
  • SarahBeeMe
    SarahBeeMe Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I hated drinking water. I found I couldnt actually swallow it! So I worked on it.
    Get a bottle of water and have it next to you all the time. Take the TINIEST sips from it, little and often. Soon I got used to it, and now I find I actually crave it! Imagine that! ;)
  • pkjellum
    pkjellum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Mio which is a liquid water enhancer? It comes in a small squirt bottle and is put out by Kraft Foods. There are multiple flavors and are just water, flavors and sucrolose. I love it and have no problem drinking flavored ice water all day!
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I try to drink herbal teas and things like that, but at the end of the day I love my coffees. Any advice or help would be appreciated. I usually can get through 2 cups of water per day, plus a couple of herbal teas :( is this enough or should I be worried?

You need to drink more than that. Caffeine actually dehydrates you, so the more coffee you have, the more water you need to drink.
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    yeah you get used to it. I keep a case at work. 500 ml bottles are worth 2 cups (1 cup =250 ml) each. Then at home, we have a Brita filter. I'll drink 2 bottles at work and then a couple 500ml glasses at home. There's my 8.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    the planet earth is +70% water for a reason.

DRINK IT!
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Mio which is a liquid water enhancer? It comes in a small squirt bottle and is put out by Kraft Foods. There are multiple flavors and are just water, flavors and sucrolose. I love it and have no problem drinking flavored ice water all day!
    I had a hard time drinking plain water too until I started using the Mio water enhancers. If I dont use the Mio, I use the propel zero powders. I actually downed a bottle of plain water yesterday since im getting used to it. You just have to do it.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i was never really a water drinker either.

so here is what i did.

i drank water.

^This.
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Never was a water drinker, never got used to it. I drink all kind of herbal teas or mix a bit of fresh squeezed juice in water and I found a taste in the Vitamin Water Zero and Skinny Water. Every now and then I try it again, but I have to burp for hours after just a few sips of normal water and that is just disgusting.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

You need to drink more than that. Caffeine actually dehydrates you, so the more coffee you have, the more water you need to drink.

That's a myth. Caffeine does dehydrate you, but even if you drank a whole pot of coffee you would not get the amount of caffeine required for dehydration. Coffee is fine and so is tea.
  • KimberlyDenice
    Options
    I found TRUE powders..they are made with STEVIA and they have lemon,raspberry lemonade,and orange. They are soo good and i also add the orange to my protein shake. They are in the powdered drink section. I also too hate water and i swell huge from sodium. This and water pills from my dr has been helping me some.