Starting Over

Options
wickedzo
wickedzo Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2019 in Introduce Yourself
I'm rejoining MyFitnessPal to get my life back. I'm in my late 30's and I've spent the last few years focused on work and raising two kids. And.... I've lost myself along the way. Taking these past few days to detox and really reflect, I've come to realize that I derive my self-worth from work, and I need to change that.

Like some of you, I've done this before. I know what I need to do and have dropped the weight before (60+). But these things have not kept me on track and with the increase of demands at work and home, I sacrificed myself and my health to prioritize everything else in my life.

The eye opener for me was my first 5K a week ago. I didn't prep (horrible idea) and my kids and husband outran me. I huffed and puffed and made it to the finish line, but I was disappointed that I couldn't keep up with my family.

So, this is me starting over. I have a long journey ahead and want to lose 70+ lbs but I'll settle for 10 lbs to start. If you are on a similar journey and want support, I welcome the friendship. Here's to the new journey ahead!

Replies

• TryingtodoitallSUCKS
    Options
    I'm with you! Add me to your friend list and I'll cheer you on. I'm in a similar boat - I have 20 - 40 pounds to lose and I am busy with the career and kiddos that have taken over my life. It's important that the choices we are making are going to make us happy with ourselves in the long run. I eat for comfort and then I can't fit in my clothes and am fat. Time to change this for us!
  • abbiebeatloss
    abbiebeatloss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. Me too. I need to lose some 30lbs and would love to have companions :)