Any High protein vegetarian meals? Please share yours

Options
imryan1223
imryan1223 Posts: 2 Member
I’m planning on going vegetarian for a month in hopes to detox from meat and dairy, but still hope to consume enough protein to maintain/gain muscle mass.

It’d be much appreciated if any of the veteran vegetarians and/or vegans would give me a hand and share some good recipes!

Replies

• Harebelle
    Harebelle Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This is lovely, and lots more calorie counted ideas here
    https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/veggie-protein-chilli

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    imryan1223 wrote: »
    I’m planning on going vegetarian for a month in hopes to detox from meat and dairy, but still hope to consume enough protein to maintain/gain muscle mass.

It’d be much appreciated if any of the veteran vegetarians and/or vegans would give me a hand and share some good recipes!

If you need a detox should you not be in intensive care right now?

😕 why?
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I made mine with black beans, avocado, corn, cherry tomatoes, italian and ranch dressing. I bought quinoa, but haven't figured out how to incorporate it into the salad. I had a kiwi on the side.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,267 Member
    Options
    Sandwich: Ezekiel tortilla (folded over the contents), smoked tofu, mustard, thin-sliced onions. I'd add some calorie-efficient cheese, personally, but you're avoiding dairy. Guess you could use vegan faux cheese. Heat that. Add a couple ounces of raw, unpasteurized sauekraut. Kraut because it's excellent, raw/unpasteurized because good bugs. Protein amount depends mostly on how much tofu you used.

Edamame/soy or black bean spaghetti or fettucine, veggies of choice, sauce made with defatted peanut or almond flour (peanut butter or almond butter powder), chile sauce, rice vinegar, maybe soy sauce (depending on what's in your chile sauce), seasonings of choice (things like grated fresh ginger, minced green onions, minced garlic clove, szechuan peppers if you didn't use chile sauce, whatever). If you have the calories, a dash or so of toasted sesame oil is a good add for flavor. Mix up the sauce ingredients in a small bowl while the veggies stir-fry and the noodles cook. When the veggies/noodles are ready, mix it all together. If you didn't put minced onions in the sauce, I like some raw minced sweet onions sprinkled on top, personally.

Speaking as someone who's been vegetarian for 46 years now: I don't think either meat or dairy are toxins. Humans have eaten them for millennia and thrived. Good nutrition is important. It's easier to get good nutrition as an ominivore. I never encourage people to become vegetarian if their only goals are health or weight loss. It's a distraction. Just get better nutrition, including plenty of veggies/fruit (like 10+ daily servings), while being an omnivore. It's easier.