Options
lettys_15
lettys_15 Posts: 56 Member
Hi everyone I need some tips to calm down my craving for sweets pleaseeeee

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I'm with @Danp on this. Pre-log some sweets into your day so you have room for a little treat. Trying to cut them out entirely often backfires.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    Yup little bits in moderation has worked for me for the most part, I don't keep big packs of anything in the house, just kid size bars usually the little Dairy Milk ones or a Protein Bar which I keep in my drawer at work.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I usually keep some apples or other fruit available for my sweet cravings. Works about 50% of the time :) The other 50% I just eat the cookie (my problem is oreos) because I've added a few oreos into my day already. I just automatically add three oreos to my day everyday and, if I don't eat them, it means I can have SIX tomorrow or I can eat something else I have a hankering for.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I am a former gumdrop addict. Had them every night. Once I started to eat healthier, I replaced them with fruit, still a sweet treat.

After awhile, I no longer wanted even that. Now, I don't have anything at night and I pass the candy aisle without a thought.

Some people choose to work their treat in. I knew that for me, personally, it would lead to overindulgence.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Try finding "sweets" that are better for you / less calories than what you previously ate.

For example, I traded pints of Ben and Jerry's for a frozen tubes of Gogurt (50 calories).
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,591 Member
    Options
    You will have to figure out for yourself whether it works for you to do little bits of sweet in moderation, and what sweets you can eat in moderation. I needed to give up super sweet things like candy bars and commercial baked good, to get past the cravings. These days, I eat fruit, and that as part of a healthy diet, not because I am dealing with cravings and, like @LyndaBSS , walk past the candy aisle without the need to pick anything up.
  • Marksgirl71
    Marksgirl71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also have a big sweet. But I've also noticed that if my diet is healthy, I don't have the cravings as much.
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Increased protein tends to curb my cravings a bit. I also decided to quit sugar for several months as I felt my binges were not controllable. It takes that long (4 months) for me to no longer feel cravings. I have now started to introduce sweet back in small quantities as I think that is more sustainable long term. So far so good, but I do not do well with daily treats yet. The one exception is very dark chocolate. I started with 100% and have introduced some 85% and 90%. I have about 100 calories worth 4-5 times a week. If you want to go the moderation route I have found that small preportioned foods tend to be good. Trader Joes has a selection of ice cream novelties around 60 calories a piece. Popsicles easily fit into that range as well.
  • lettys_15
    lettys_15 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the tips😁
  • symonhughes88
    symonhughes88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just find alternative, so rather than have jelly babies I would have jelly and yogurt, sugar free and fat free to keep the cals low but hit my sweet tooth nicely, find some good alternatives just to keep it in check, if I eat sweets I end up overdoing it and craving them more, that's just my opinion though, everyone else is right, balance is key I suppose.
  • symonhughes88
    symonhughes88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's takes 21 days to kick a habit :)