First time here, hoping to find some support!

Options
RosetteMak
RosetteMak Posts: 10 Member
Hi, my name is Mak, and I'm joining MyFitnessPal in an attempt to lose weight that I've been gaining steadily over the past year.

I quit my job at a grocery store last June. Back then I was running around a grocery store five days a week, collecting carts, carrying 50 pound bags of wood pellets to cars, etc. I was also exercising every night, doing sit ups, push ups, and attempting kip ups. Nothing major, just enough for me to break a sweat for 30 min before bed.

Ever since I quit work and have been studying full time, I haven't really been exercising or giving a darn what I eat. Even when I started working again this past March, I was working as a math tutor, and I sat down all day. I don't have a scale at home (long story), and I decided to weigh myself for the first time in 5 months, while I was housesitting. I knew I was gaining weight but it was worse than I thought; I had gained 15 pounds from January 2019 to May 2019. I have been +/- 140 pounds for the past 3 years, and that was plenty for me. I'd like to get there again! 155 is too heavy for my comfort.

I've struggled to get started so far, but I'm trying to cut down on calories, especially on snack foods and sweets. I'm also trying to get out with my dogs for an hour a day, but I slacked on that all this week, so I need to start again. I've brought back my night time workouts, and I forgot how insanely out of shape I am!! On and off over about a week and a half, I've brought myself up to 30 sit ups, 20 leg lifts, 15 push ups (NO upper body strenght, it's sad), 3 minutes of modified supermans, and 50 squats, followed by 10-40 minutes of dancing depending on my mood, and 5-10 minutes of stretching. It's kinda an odd workout, I just remember how it helped me build muscle tone before, and God knows I need some of that. I hope to increase my sit ups and push ups especially.

I spent another lazy day inside the way I know I shouldn't, but I kept my calories below 1,500, which was my goal. I'm going to do my odd workout tonight and tomorrow I'll head to the beach with at least one of my dogs, no excuses!

I'm hoping to find some people to help keep me accountable as I try to lose weight! I'm going to try to post how much I ate and how much I exercised each day, just seeing it in writing will hopefully keep me on the right track!

Replies

• nisie3
    nisie3 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. For some reason my app is glitching and not letting me add people at the moment!