Calories question.. S:

Options
I decided that, I'm not going to worry about eating back excercise calories, unless i'm hungry. I figured that would be the best way to do it. Don't you think?
It really makes no sense to eat them all back, it doesn't seem like you will lose anything. By that being said, i'll eat the 1200 calories i should eat and them maybe an extra 100-200 depending on if im hungry. what do you think of this idea?:bigsmile:

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I think i tried that and it didnt work. So to save you time enjoy your food. eat. :)
  • Zsangel
    Zsangel Posts: 202
    Options
    I say do what you feel works, if it doesn't work, try something different.
    I don't even bother logging my exercise and just stick to my calorie allowance for the day =)
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I think there was another thread just like this posted up a few minutes ago, it is a heated argument but I personally do not eat my calories back and I do just fine. I eat 3000+ to maintain and if I added my exercise calories back in I would be 4000+ a day and NO thank you. I coulnt afford the food bill.
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    that is how i do it if i eat allot of my calories back i don't loss weight.
  • shankleefranklee
    Options
    I don't eat back all my exercise calories, but I eat at least half of them. Usually after exercising it puts me under 1,000 calories. I try to eat back to where I'm at around 1,200 - 1,300.

I don't even know if that makes sense. I just do the basic idea of "I can have 1,200 a day to lose x amount of weight in a week, 1,000 and below could put my body in starvation mode so I need to eat x amount back to lose, but not over do it."
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I think there was another thread just like this posted up a few minutes ago, it is a heated argument but I personally do not eat my calories back and I do just fine. I eat 3000+ to maintain and if I added my exercise calories back in I would be 4000+ a day and NO thank you. I coulnt afford the food bill.
    I understand this but idf you are only eating 1200 and then exercising to burn over 500 you should eat more food. Rasie your calories to 1500 at least.
  • Pinky67
    Pinky67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight and I don't eat them. I occasionally eat 100 of them but that would be it. I'm currently losing between 1.5 to 2kg per week. That may change, so I will re-*kitten* then.

Just try and find what works for you :) Good luck!
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I understand this but idf you are only eating 1200 and then exercising to burn over 500 you should eat more food. Rasie your calories to 1500 at least.
    Agree, I see such loc counts on calories I dont see how people live! There are people out there that think if you dont eat them you will suffer and not lose a lb. Everyone is different and what works for me doesnt work for everyone, best is to play around with them