I went from 140 to 123 in 2months.. want to know my secret!!

Options
chelzi_09
chelzi_09 Posts: 16 Member
edited February 2015 in Success Stories
It took be about 2/3 months to drop the weight!!

Honestly at 5'3 140 pounds I never saw myself as "fat" .. I would have family members come up to me telling me I've gain weight, my friends ect but I used to tell myself that I'm getting older and I'm not going to stay in the body of a 16 year old for ever right lol ..
Don't get me wrong I never saw myself in the mirror as fat but I felt it!, I became so conscious about my stomach when I sat.. The weight came on so fast, the job I had required me to sit at a desk for 8/9 hours at a time and I just kept putting on the weight .. I'm 5'3 and when I put on weight it goes to my butt and stomach.
Feeling uncomfortable in my skin was my problem, not on the way I looked in the mirror!!
Also .. I would be going Back to school in September 2014 and wanted to feel my best .. The moment I received my acceptance letter was the day I decided to make a change ..
So like I said it took me 2/3 months .. I Know right!! How the hell did I lost 15/17 pounds so fast..

Month 1
Firstly if I learnt anything in the past I learnt never to crash diet .. No water and crackers all day long ect.. I started off with cutting out sugar. No fizzy drinks.. And I started drinking green tea (A LOT) .. Every morning I will HV 1tsp of rough skin lemon to 1cup warm water..

6 days a week I will do cardio.. Cardio was my best friend!! Morning and evening ..
Then I went on a "no carbs diet" for 2weeks
While at the same time stopped eating fast food.

Month 2
Steam veggies (no oil) salmon would be lunch.. Fruits every day all day..
..Cardio cardio cardio cardio ..
Month2 I stop drinking and eating dairy.. And I would drink water before every meal ..

Any questions feel free to ask guys :) .. I'm having probs posting pictures

Replies

• ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss :D
  • dbodavis80
    dbodavis80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Congrats and keep it up
  • jontucc
    jontucc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Congrats that's a huge loss. I want to ask did it help with losing weight around the tummy as that is my problem area ?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • lissa_grim
    Options
    Great job, did you do any specific exercise for your stomach, what type of cardio?
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Nice work. At about 2lb a week that was a reasonable loss, but you may find maintenance a bit of a challenge.
  • faduma123
    faduma123 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What did you eat for breakfast
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I was expecting to see Walter White...
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • chelzi_09
    Options
    jontucc wrote: »
    Congrats that's a huge loss. I want to ask did it help with losing weight around the tummy as that is my problem area ?

Yes very much.. the cardio and i did 100crunches a day .. slowly increas.
  • chelzi_09
    Options
    lissa_grim wrote: »
    Great job, did you do any specific exercise for your stomach, what type of cardio?

I'm not lying to you when i say I just ran on the treadmill for 40 to 45 mins .. even an hr at times.. I would try my best to burn the most calories out as I could evry time I step on there.. and for my stomach .. simple basic crunches .. 100 to 120 to 125 evryday for 5 to 6 days a week den cut it down to 3 days den start back at 4days a week.. give your muscles time to rest and repair..
  • chelzi_09
    Options
    Nice work. At about 2lb a week that was a reasonable loss, but you may find maintenance a bit of a challenge.

Had no problem what do ever.. I just cut out junk food completely .. I'm at 221 currently
  • chelzi_09
    Options
    faduma123 wrote: »
    What did you eat for breakfast

Fruits oats or just tea
  • chelzi_09
    Options
    I was expecting to see Walter White...

I don't understand ?
  • chelzi_09
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Congrats. The basis on you losing weight was calorie deficit. And yours was a bit aggressive, which is why you lost the weight.
    Now the real challenge is seeing if you can continue to eat the way you are currently. The MAIN reason why people gain weight back is because they can't adhere to a diet plan that restricts things they actually like to eat.
    Good job and hopefully you can maintain.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Thank you
  • fabulousmomofone
    fabulousmomofone Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great job. I'm going to folloyour tips. Thanks.
  • chelzi_09
    Options
    jontucc wrote: »

Yes it did. I did at home work outs using YouTube for ab workouts.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!