Advice and support please

Options
daughterofgodsearth
daughterofgodsearth Posts: 6 Member
edited July 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Anyone else become obsessive with food and weighing themselves? I know the logic and the rationale behind not weighing too much and weight not always = health ect but I cant stop. I'm tired and fed up.

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    It sounds like it's time to pull back, doesn't it? <hug>
  • daughterofgodsearth
    Options
    Thank you for replying =)
  • Kittyy1994
    Kittyy1994 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Been there. Take a break. It’s not worth it mentally sometimes

Check out some of the responses on my thread from just last week

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10751282/anyone-else-tierd-of-logging#latest
  • daughterofgodsearth
    Options
    Thank you =)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    If you can't pull back on your own you may want to talk it out with a pro one on one ...
  • daughterofgodsearth
    Options
    Thank you - I feel like you know where I'm coming from.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily on my smart scale, which then sends the info via wifi to the MFP app. For me, if I weighed myself more than once per day, all those weights would clog up the trending that the app gives me and make the reality blurry.

I do weigh my foods. ☺
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Try putting your scale away- up high in a closet, so it's not so easy to step on. I weigh myself once a week. I keep the scale in the guest bath, which I hardly use. Out of sight, out of mind...
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    What I've done is come up with days I'm "allowed" to weigh -- Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday. So I still get the data -- my therapist and I agreed that I do horribly unwell without a data source, to the point of driving to random facilities at my employer to find a scale -- but there's a schedule, and a routine.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had to have hubby hide my scale (which I do not like to do because I don't really want him involved with my weight loss and also afraid the scale will not be right numbers because it has been moved). For 2 months now I only weigh myself once a month. Except... I asked for the scale to be brought down after the 3rd week. And guess what, I go right back to weighing myself 5x in a row and then I do not like the number, not enough. So then all weekend I am trying to eat a bit less so on Monday, 4 weeks done, I will be happier with the number. Obsessive? Yes! But that is why I cannot have the scale in my sight every day.