need serious help here

Options
ive been on this 1500 calorie diet for about a month and so far ive lost 5 pounds i really could use some advice friend me if you want to i appricate it

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    5lb in a month is great - well done!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    my advice is to keep it up! that is a great loss in a month!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    That's great!! Definitely keep doing what you're doing, because it's working.
  • lublin1987
    Options
    Excellent work! This is working for you.
  • elgface
    elgface Posts: 35
    Options
    well just some general tips...

EXERCISE - build muscles, muscles burn fat (not directly though, you cant get a six pack by only doing situps)

get enough fiber and protein - fiber gets the metabolism going, also spicy food, like chili

channge the calory intake a bit, get themetabolism going by incresing a bit one day and get some movement in the calory intake

have many and smaller meals: I have a rule of having at least three meals (thats too few though) and I have a minimum o three hours between every meal

get enough water, minerals, omega 3 and vitamins

change youre lifestyle in stead o dieting.... it will last forever

Good luck!
  • Watch_Me_Shrink
    Watch_Me_Shrink Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    seems like what your doing is getting results so i say stick at it! but i agree with the above poster that you should mix it up a bit, one day eat 1200 or so, then eat 1800 or so. or your metabolism will even out and the loss will slow.
    other than that, great work! 5lb in a month is awesome!

do you do any regular exercise?
  • sting9902
    sting9902 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i try to do regular exercise i would do pushups/situps everyday walk/short jogs every other day i lift dumbbells hardcore and basically watch what i eat
  • sting9902
    Options
    i take at least 3 omega 3 fish oil a day :)
  • dannylives
    dannylives Posts: 611
    Options
    Bro, losing 5 pounds in a month is awesome, dont believe all those magazines saying "6weeks to a new you!" You are losing at a good pace man, keep it up. This stuff takes time, there is no quick fix.
  • sting9902
    Options
    ok thx man i figured when i started this it would be a long road ahead of me but its not the destination its the journey
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I would say keep doing what you are doing. I would be thrilled to lose 5 pounds in a month. For me it's more like a pound a month, and I am exercising every day and eating no more than 1400 calories a day.
  • nawc
    nawc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    5 lbs in a month is great! :smile:
  • nawc
    nawc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You sound discouraged. Don't be. Keep up the good work!
  • sting9902
    Options
    ok question can i lift weights every day or is it every other day? i was told by my uncle every other day to let my muscles heal.
  • hstallings13
    Options
    for weight lifting you should give your muscles a day off. Most people do upper body one day and then lower body the next. You still get to do the weights daily, but at the same time you are giving your muscles time to rest and repair themselves. And since you are doing so much with the weightlifting, make sure you are getting enough protein, it's helps to rebuild the muscles.