Shoes!

Tell me what your favorite brand of running shoes are. I have several but am interested to hear others. Also, feel free to add me as a friend! :) I could use more

Replies

• BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    New Balance. I’ve worn nothing but NB since 2008.
  • tmac68w
    tmac68w Posts: 19 Member
    Depends on the type of running I am doing honestly. I prefer Brooks or Hokas if I am trail running and Onclouds/Nike for street or speed work. I have flinstone feet though so i need good i serts lol.
  • DiscipleForLife
    DiscipleForLife Posts: 25 Member
    Altras are the most comfortable shoes on earth. Go to Amazon $49.99 for Women Duo. You wont be disappointed.
  • BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member
    Normally New Balances for running but I treated myself to these yesterday since they were on sale.1x1qmnbkzlkm.jpg
    Did 7.70 miles in them today and found them very comfortable.
  • Strongfitmama100412
    Strongfitmama100412 Posts: 90 Member
    Asics are my favorite. I went to a sports store and was planning on getting a different pair I tried on a few different kinds. I bought another pair of asics.
    Best thing to do is go to a sports store and try a few pairs on. They also can see you running or walking and what looks better.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    I know many people that love HOKA, Brooks, and ASICS. I dislike them all. Why am I telling you this? Simple, what I like and what you like may be very different. All of these are great brands but not for me. Go to a real running store and get fitted properly. Then try every shoe they recommend and find the one you like the best. FWIW - It may take some trial and error. I tried various shoes over the years before I settled on the few I actually like.

Good luck.
  • Schlossertim
    Schlossertim Posts: 11 Member
    Hoka got me running again after some foot problems. The extra cushion made my feet feel so much better during a run, I just bought my second pair. Mine are the Arahi 3's.
  • QoLmatters
    QoLmatters Posts: 708 Member
    Brooks Ghosts or Glycerins fit my feet best. You really need to get fitted or try on different shoes to find which fit your feet best. We are all different.
  • drebmc
    drebmc Posts: 23 Member
    I've tired many, Nike, Saucony, Puma, but at the end Adidas worked for me the best. For trail running Merrell is my absolute favourite.
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    I have a wide toe box and narrow heel, with a relatively narrow fit overall. I ran in saucony's for years. Switched to a minimal shoe about 8 years ago. NB minimus was my jam until they discontinued them. The recently brought them back but since then I have switched to the Merrel Trail glove. Both the NB minimus and the trail glove have a vibram sole with provides good foot protection and enough grip for a variety of activities.
  • gottswald
    gottswald Posts: 122 Member
    edited July 2019
    slbbw wrote: »
    I have a wide toe box and narrow heel, with a relatively narrow fit overall.

That's my curse too, making shoe buying one of my least favorite things. In fact I dread it, no one does combination lasts. I'm currently using NB 1340v2 (I pronate) with a lift to compensate for leg difference, level hips and help with lower back issues. They're pretty ugly though imo.
  • FinelyFermented
    FinelyFermented Posts: 100 Member
    Asics or Saucony. They fit my feet the best. Everyone is different.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    comes down to personal preference, but brooks ghosts are the only shoes that don't fall apart on me. and they are very comfy to me. but, others hate them.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    I loved Mizuno's but have subsequently switched to Hoka's and am on my 4th pair. I only run on blacktop so the extra padding absorbs a bit more of the shock and stress in my knees and ankles.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Merrell -- I run in Trail Gloves and lift in Vapor Gloves.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    I just bought a pair of New Balance Sonic V2s on clearance, and I love them. I run mostly on sidewalks and local tracks.
  • slbbw
    gottswald wrote: »
    slbbw wrote: »
    I have a wide toe box and narrow heel, with a relatively narrow fit overall.

That's my curse too, making shoe buying one of my least favorite things. In fact I dread it, no one does combination lasts. I'm currently using NB 1340v2 (I pronate) with a lift to compensate for leg difference, level hips and help with lower back issues. They're pretty ugly though imo.

Saucony Mirage were wonderful for me before I fully switched to flat shoes. I actually found the minimal shoes have helped my pronation immensely because I can adjust my foot placement and actually strengthern my feet. It takes a while to build everything up though.
  • slbbw
    kjm3579 wrote: »
    Merrell -- I run in Trail Gloves and lift in Vapor Gloves.

Do you find a noticebale difference in your lifting between the vapor glove and the trail glove. I usually run to my gym and back. I own both, but usually just wear the trail glove. I probably could do the vapor glove for the short distance I run if it would be beneficial.
  • MPDean
    MPDean Posts: 99 Member
    Brooks GTS are right for my feet, go to a good running shop and find out what's right for your feet.