Sixty one years young

Options
I’m hoping to reach my weight goal of 170 . I’m thinking 12 months would be a reasonable time to accomplish this. I have started exercising and need to keep it up. Anyone else find it harder to lose weight and keep it off after you turn 60?

Replies

• swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I found it hard after turning 50. I had two knee surgeries which have put me behind my goals. Your weight goal is about the same as mine. Keep working at it!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I'm also 61. I have been happy with my results so far. I've been here almost a month.

Welcome to the community!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Sixty five here. For me, weight loss is never easy. I have done better by using the tools here to figure out what works for me.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    74 here. Lost 50+ pounds in 6 mo and now 6 months in maintenance.

It took me a bit to figure out what worked for me. Once I had that worked out, though, I did not find it that difficult to lose. Since I decided when I started that I would not do anything to lose weight that I could not continue forever, maintenance has gone pretty smoothly. Also, I am pretty active, which helped both with the weight loss and maintenance.

So, I have not found age per se to be an issue.

• Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'm 58 and started gaining like crazy when I was 50. I hope 60 doesn't make it any worse!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I tried to send a friend request but NFP froze. I’m here every day for mutual support