It's hell getting old!

I've been what others consider "slim" all my life. I'm now in my late 50s :o & want to lose just 13 lbs. For the life of me, it doesn't seem to come off easy at all! I walk briskly approx 250 mins a week, eat low-carb, high protein & really no junk. WTH? Why do I not see hardly any results?!?!

Replies

• giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    How long have you been tracking?
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    QueenMumx2 wrote: »
    I've been what others consider "slim" all my life. I'm now in my late 50s :o & want to lose just 13 lbs. For the life of me, it doesn't seem to come off easy at all! I walk briskly approx 250 mins a week, eat low-carb, high protein & really no junk. WTH? Why do I not see hardly any results?!?!

What calorie goal does MFP give you to lose 0.5 lb/week?

Are you weighing ALL of your food with a food scale?
  • marialba67
    marialba67 Posts: 79 Member
    Hi there! I'm here at 51 and my body has absolutely betrayed me. According to my friend's Mom (who went through this already), it's the hormonal changes messing up our bodies even more than usual. That's why the weight loss is near impossible or super slow and the weight gain seems unstoppable.

Keep doing what you're doing, track truthfully and drink your water. I was not doing that enough myself.

Good luck!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member

I'm 65 and lost 75 lbs a few years ago , reached my goal weight and have been maintaining ever since. If your weight loss has stalled, your answer lies somewhere in this chart:

d9zfhkbwyw74.jpg

• TallGent66
    TallGent66 Posts: 84 Member

In my early 40s I was doing 30 minutes of cardio a day, and lifting, and stopped losing. A friend suggested this cardio number was a 'maintanence' goal, not a lose weight goal. Upped my cardio to an hour a day 5-6 days/ week, and the weight came off; same thing recently.

Item 2. Recently I was, apparently, eating too little, esp at 6'6" with limited protein... so I upped my protein and intake, and so far, good results.

• Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 522 Member
    I don't think it's your imagination. I went from slim enough to overweight in a very short time after I turned 50. Otoh, I took it off pretty quickly and easily following the guidelines given to my by MFP. Now, the trouble is, that at 58, I keep backsliding every time there is a family emergency or holiday or vacation...I lost 30 to get to my goal and now have to relose the last 8 or so, and it is taking lots of dedication. But I promise you it's doable. I have friends much older than I am who have lost large amounts and maintained that loss here. Don't give up!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    😂 I’m 67 and here everyday for mutual support! Send s friend request if you want!