Chicken, onions and peppers!

CharlotteHotcakes
CharlotteHotcakes Posts: 23 Member
I tried something new tonight. I browned chicken chunks in olive oil, then cooked peppers, onions and garlic...added it all together with a little broth and herbs from my yard. It was very good. I was craving dessert, my bad habit. I tried something that I read and had a cup of coffee with cream. I'm satisfied!

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Sounds delicious! 😀
  • CharlotteHotcakes
    CharlotteHotcakes Posts: 23 Member
    It was, and it was quick and easy. I have 2 containers, single serving size, left over, too. I had to make pork chops for my husb, he ain't into peppers and onions!
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Onions, peppers, and garlic sautéed with any protein or potatoes or beans are terrific and the basis for lots of traditional meals from almost every culture. Add a little celery and it is a cajun trinity. Use chili peppers in place of bell peppers and its a Carribean or Latin American sofrito. Minor adjustments make it mirepoix, battuto, or soffritto. No doubt there are lots more names for very similar combinations from every corner of the world.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not making light of your discovery. On the contrary, I'm congratulating you on it.