chia seeds

thanos5
thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
for those of you that enjoy chia seeds, where do you get them? i was going to order some online, but most of the reviews say they come with bugs, twigs, spiders, etc. enough to freak me out a little lol.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    You can find them in most grocery stores. Ask at the customer service desk. ☺
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    I get mine at a bulk food store. (Bulk Barn - in Canada.)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I rarely get them anymore, but I used to buy them at Trader Joes. I would think if you have any higher end or health-food type grocery stores around, they should have them.

I just checked and there are some brands available on Walmart .com so you might actually find them in store as well!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    I always buy mine at off-price stores like TJ Maxx, Burlington, or Ross. They're usually a lot cheaper than the natural food stores near me, but the brands are the same or very similar. Organic black chia seeds usually. I have never had any trouble with expired or damaged chia seeds from those places.

I honestly don't buy a lot of food items in that way...but this is one of the few things I happily will buy in those stores and feel like I get a good value. We go through a lot of chia seeds making blended chia pudding for breakfasts.
  • stormtheworld
    stormtheworld Posts: 18 Member
    In addition to larger grocery stores and a few bulk stores, I have also found them in Winners/ Marshalls as well in their food section. If you have having a lot of trouble coming across them, ground flax has similar nutritional profile and will thicken things a bit as well. It tends to be cheaper and a bit easier to find, although I am a big fan of chia seeds as well.
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    thanos5 wrote: »
    for those of you that enjoy chia seeds, where do you get them? i was going to order some online, but most of the reviews say they come with bugs, twigs, spiders, etc. enough to freak me out a little lol.

Most grocery stores have them. I got mine at Mom's Organic Market...Whole Foods...Safeway...

I love LOVE chia pudding. I also started making mine with coconut milk and then adding coconut cream to it..top off with fresh raspberries. It's like dessert for breakfast.
  • stephaniek511
    stephaniek511 Posts: 86 Member
    I buy them at Aldi - smallish bag and have never found any non-chia seed things in them :)
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    They have them at all the grocery stores here. I’ve been buying them for years and never had an issue with anything but chia seeds in the package. I usually buy Bobs Red Mill brand. They have them at Target and Walmart too. Not the brand I buy, but they have them in other brands.