Is It Normal To.....

Options
Lose 3.6 pounds in 2 days. I went from eating one meal a day to eating three, I excercise only 20 minutes a day (to start), I am monitoring my calories etc through this site and am also taking a fat burner. Is it normal/healthy to lose weight this fast. My goal page says I want to lose 2 pounds a week not a day :( Any advice would help.

Replies

• smcintosh
    Options
    Lose 3.6 pounds in 2 days. I went from eating one meal a day to eating three, I excercise only 20 minutes a day (to start), I am monitoring my calories etc through this site and am also taking a fat burner. Is it normal/healthy to lose weight this fast. My goal page says I want to lose 2 pounds a week not a day :( Any advice would help.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    It's fine to lose that much at the begining, especially if you are in the obese range.

Unfortunately a lot of that is probably from water weight. But don't let that get you down,
    that's the first step.

I wrote a little thread on what to expect during the progression of weight loss.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Lots of times people lose a bunch of weight quickly in the begining! Just be happy about it and keep it up!!
  • shalinik78
    Options
    :) well I was told by my fitness instructor that in the begning we all loose fast ... depending on the body weight. The more you have the faster it will go in the begning, same will have with Calories. Then slowly as you body starts getting used to the new schedules and eating habits, it will take longer ...... so worry not but rememeber "One pound a week" is best to loose. Also don't get dishearten when it slows ..... it will take time :) I have lost 3 pounds in 4 weeks :( But I am still going on .......... we can do it !!!! Good Luck !
  • smcintosh
    Options
    Bank thanks for the link. Thanks to to everyone else for your help.