Day 2: Riding High

The first day back is always emotional, and it certainly felt good to be eating clean and exercising. I stayed under my calories and went swimming for 45 minutes, which felt amazing, especially in the sunshine. As someone who has lost weight in the past, the real challenge will come down the road when I’m not feeling good, and food seems like my only comfort. I will have to determine ahead of time that this is not an option.

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,454 Member
    A friend on another board says- If hunger isn’t the problem, food isn’t the solution.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,702 Member
    Good for you for getting out there and enjoying the sunshine and the water.

I agree 100% with @88olds. Try to make a list of all the other things you can do instead of using food as comfort. Keep it accessible and try several things until you find what works.
  • JordanS9592
    JordanS9592 Posts: 94 Member
    88olds wrote: »
    A friend on another board says- If hunger isn’t the problem, food isn’t the solution.

I need to remember that
  • JordanS9592
    JordanS9592 Posts: 94 Member
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Good for you for getting out there and enjoying the sunshine and the water.

I agree 100% with @88olds. Try to make a list of all the other things you can do instead of using food as comfort. Keep it accessible and try several things until you find what works.

Thanks. What are some alternatives?
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,702 Member
    Alternatives vary from person to person, but make a list of things you like: take a quick walk around the block, read a book or magazine, surf the internet, play a video game, etc. Whatever things you also enjoy that keep you distracted from eating mindlessly.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Great job! Glad to see you're on track.
  • haydennorris04
    haydennorris04 Posts: 28 Member
    Nice job! I'm on day 2 as well. Keep it going!