Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle Accountability

Options
Hi everyone, so I'm looking for some buddies who are familiar with this book by Tom Venuto. Even if you're not familiar with the book but understand the mechanics behind macronutrients I'd love to chat it up with you too.

I began reading this book about 2 weeks ago and I'm hooked to Tom's philosophy about healthy weight loss and proper eating.

Also, if you're looking for someone to be accountable with, I'm down for it 😁

Replies

• JohnPaulEightyOne
    JohnPaulEightyOne Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah! I've been learning as I go, but when I started tracking my macronutrients in December, everything sort of went into double time. Always looking for nutrition hacks and power foods that I haven't heard about before
  • southpalms
    southpalms Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great book! Read it several years ago. Just a very basic and sensible approach to losing fat and gaining muscle. It works, for me anyway. My challlenge is that in the past I’ve failed to stick to it. I’ll lose 15 or so pounds and start feeling great about myself and then fall right back to my old habits. Even though I still really had at least another 15-20 lbs to go. While I am not following his book to a tee right now, I pretty much am. I got serious a couple of weeks ago, and am already down 6 lbs. go for it man!!!
  • cidaliam1122
    cidaliam1122 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m off to check out that book! Sounds like the approach I’m looking for. 👍🏻
  • southpalms
    Options
    I’ve basically been following this method for the last 3-4 weeks and have already seen great results. I’m down 6 lbs of fat and a couple inches on my waist. It really does work!!!!!
  • StephanieWilliams91
    StephanieWilliams91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I need to check out this book!
  • southpalms
    Options
    @StephanieWilliams91 I think you’ll be very pleased. It’s really just the basics. Common sense stuff
  • bennygirl1
    bennygirl1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I got the book several years ago and I agree it’s a great resource. I took the formulas from the book and put them together in an Excel spreadsheet with my information; I call them “my weight loss numbers.” I update it weekly after my weigh-in. I know exactly how many calories I should be getting each day for the following week based on my current weight, anticipated activity level, and the deficit % I am trying to achieve. I’m still trying to get my head around the macros part though. Lots of different ratios based on what the goal is and I have several goals so figuring out the macros is a challenge for me. May have to pull the book out again and refresh myself.
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    @AyoBenni2618 Sounds like a pretty informative book!
  • desirevdbeld
    desirevdbeld Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    <3 I was inspired by this book: https://www.instagram.com/burnthefatfeedthemuscles
    Great resource!
    [personal details removed by MFP Mods]