Banana "ice cream"

Options
Super easy! All you have to do is cut at least 3 bananas into slices (you can do more bananas if you want). Freeze said banana slices. When completely frozen, toss into a blender, and blend until ice cream consistency. You can add peanut butter, Nutella, or pretty much any flavor you like. I tried this with some peanut butter and it was really yummy.

Replies

• iambelle
    Options
    I LOVE frozen bananas! I'm trying this tomorrow! :)
  • Ruthann2
    Ruthann2 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm Thanks for Sharing...A MUST try! :tongue:
  • Imahottmess
    Options
    Your welcome everybody!
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This works really really well, done it a few times. Be sure you have a blender strong enough, else use a food processor, lol. Also made it with some frozen berries, very very good :)
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    so do you add the nutella or peanut butter while blending? or after blended? LOL
  • Imahottmess
    Options
    I blended the bananas a little bit, added my peanut butter, and then continued to blend until desired consistency.
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'd add the peanut butter/nutella during, just after the banana starts to come together as "ice cream". You don't want to blend it too much else it'll become a really sloppy mess and start melting, lol
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    the one time i tried this i dunno if my bananas weren't frozen enough, or my food processor wasn't good enough, but it wasn't completely smooth and had chunks everywhere - I don't mind the taste of banana but I HATE the texture! I might not have blended it enough fearing it would cause it to melt too much.

Do you ever have this problem? I'd like to try it again with some pb and cocoa powder.
  • Imahottmess
    Options
    This works really really well, done it a few times. Be sure you have a blender strong enough, else use a food processor, lol. Also made it with some frozen berries, very very good :)

I will have to try it with frozen berries. I have some strawberries in the fridge I can freeze while sleeping tomorrow, and make a strawberry smoothie for my "breakfast".