Starting again support

Options
HangryPixies
HangryPixies Posts: 16 Member
I lost ~50lbs from August '17 to May '18. I came off it when I was on holiday and since then I've piled it all back on. I kept telling myself I'd get back to it but then I started drinking; I have BPD and with that comes low impulse control. Not an excuse but an explanation.

Welp, I'm finally dragging my fatass back. I feel physically sick looking at the scale and in the mirror. I don't know why I let myself get back to this point. Anyone in/has been in the same kinda position? How can I stop myself from slipping again? Looking for friends and support.

Replies

• daviesjefferson2
    daviesjefferson2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    With the right determination you're going to be successful. I understand your experience and trust me I've been there before, you've got my support and any advice you might need
  • FriendlyNeighborhoodEngineer
    Options
    For what it's worth, a couple of very important personal reasons got my rear end into gear. One of them being the birth of my first child. He means everything to me, and I want to be sure that I'm alive and healthy as long as I can be for him. I hope you can find a personal motivation for yourself! Stay strong, be positive, and try not to be so hard on yourself.
  • mermaidsgrave
    mermaidsgrave Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Girl I hear you!! I went from 176 - 115 like 7 years ago and these last two years I keep gaining and losing the same 15lbs over and over again!!
    It’s really disheartening for me because I feel like I have to weight, track and measure everything I eat for the rest of my life! There’s no end on site even when I get to goal!
    I’ve just started losing the 15lbs again! I’m happy to chat and keep each other on track!

• zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you, starting over. 6 years ago, I got down to my lowest of 148. January of 2018, I was up to my highest ever of 200 lbs! I got ball on track and lost 29 lbs then broke my ankle. Gained back 20 lbs. I'm starting all over! Today is day 2. Good news is that we know what works for us! And the desire to change.