MFP Runners Club Feb.25

Options
Good morning runners! :smile: Hope you are all having a great day and can get in a good run. We have beautiful weather today. I ran 3 miles - easy day! Something fun to share.......We are starting a running club at my son's school and the coach asked me to come out with them and help the kids train for a 5K. I will no doubt be the Mom who stays with the kids in the back of the pack! :happy: I can't wait. A year ago I wasn't even running. What a blessing to be able to pass this healthy habit on!
Bunny

Replies

• bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Good morning runners! :smile: Hope you are all having a great day and can get in a good run. We have beautiful weather today. I ran 3 miles - easy day! Something fun to share.......We are starting a running club at my son's school and the coach asked me to come out with them and help the kids train for a 5K. I will no doubt be the Mom who stays with the kids in the back of the pack! :happy: I can't wait. A year ago I wasn't even running. What a blessing to be able to pass this healthy habit on!
    Bunny
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Wow Bunny - you are an inspiration! :smile:

I just started a running program last Sunday and am going to a speciality store today during lunch to get fitted with some snazzy new shoes. Excited!

So far my running workouts are tame - 20 minutes today and 50 minutes on Sunday at a "very-slow" pace :laugh: The rest of the week I'm swimming.

I decided to make running the CIM (full marathon) one of my goals for this year....here's to running in 2009!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Good job Bunny!

And Molly, tame or not that is AWESOME!!! :drinker:

I ran about 4 miles today in the course of my HIIT today. Tomorrow's my long distance day...if my legs aren't too sore!
  • helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi there! This week the running club I am in ran our first 17 minutes straight with a 1 min walk and another 12 minute run. I know it sounds lame, but when we first started out none of us could imagine running that long. Unfortunately, the weather is not great (it was -21 last night and today -31 with windchill) so it will be a treadmill day today for me!

I have my first 5k race in 2 weeks :smile:
  • bunnyr
    Options
    Wow Bunny - you are an inspiration! :smile:

I just started a running program last Sunday and am going to a speciality store today during lunch to get fitted with some snazzy new shoes. Excited!

So far my running workouts are tame - 20 minutes today and 50 minutes on Sunday at a "very-slow" pace :laugh: The rest of the week I'm swimming.

I decided to make running the CIM (full marathon) one of my goals for this year....here's to running in 2009!

Molly - You are doing great! I started out walking and doing intervals of running very sloooow. My goal this year is to better my time in the 10K and then do a half marathon in the Fall. And by the way, sometimes I feel like new shoes almost make me faster. It's like they run all by themselves :laugh:
    Bunny
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I got in 3.5 miles this morning before anyone else was up.

Bunnyr, that's great for you son and all his friends who will be running too!
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!!! I ran 6 miles today. I was feeling sore and not too into it, but I forced myself to go and I'm so glad I did!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Oh helka good luck!
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I think I'm ready to get back to running. I have pavement and on my 5K run today I only had to walk 2 patches of ice.:smile: So happy to be out of the house for a cardio workout. Plan to ease back into it under 20 miles/week.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    2 miles on the treadmill this morning..
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm back in the saddle, kids! :drinker: After almost two months of nursing a knee injury, I'm back to my regular training. I was just running slowly and sporatically, riding the bike, and doing the elliptical during my little hiatus. I still need to get an MRI, but I've been relatively pain-free for a few days now, so I'm going for it. Yesterday I ran 7 on the treadmill and today I'll be running 6. I've made a promise to myself not to over-do and take my rest days, as over-use is what laid me up in the first place.

Although I haven't posted in a while, I've been following everyone's progress and noticed that we have a few new faces here, too. Welcome!

Bunny - what you're doing with your son sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck with it!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    7.5 this morning... it was hard for some reason, I've been really tired! Hopefully tomorrow will be better

~Leash
  • mamakitty
    Options
    I ran 6 miles today. I am half way to running a 1/2 marathon!
  • bunnyr
    Options
    Thanks Heather. I'm really looking forward to it. Good luck as you ease into running again. It is so hard to overdo it! I have been there and it is hard to wait while you heal! But you sure do appreciate the run when you are able to get back to it! Take care.
    Bunny
  • bigdawg62
    bigdawg62 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Did 7 miles this morning, felt a little tired. I did feel way better than last Sunday though, so thats good. Got to try and be sure to eat enough calories to replace the extra ones I burn.

154312.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary