How do you see the weekend?

Options
1sphere
1sphere Posts: 4,112 Member
Instead of telling me what you do at the weekend, I want to know how you think about a weekend. Do you see it as a time for being outdoors, or being indoors relaxing at your home, or a time to go shopping, or something else?

Replies

• isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    All the things...lazy day, day to get things done, fun day, today is my lazy day
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Fridays are a day of duty - to finish up work and care for my mom
    Saturdays are for fun and indulgence with my husband
    Sundays are for relaxation, self-care, and preparing for the week ahead
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Mostly as time to catch up on sleep. Usually on one of the days I'll have to take my dad out shopping since he no longer drives.

In the summer, I'm out working in the garden, but that's really more hobby than chore.
  • itsclobberintime
    itsclobberintime Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I see it as time to catch up on housework and get laundry done, mostly.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    As much lazyness as I can get away with. Though that's not much. Still though, games to play, people to meet, chores to do. Work work work
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Sleeping 'till I want to get up (it's late) as opposed to workdays...when I wish I could die rather than get up

Me time...cleaning (which I like to do), cooking, reading...mani/pedi/skin/hair treatments... movie (that I've prob trying to watch for a week)...laundry, I like having all my laundry done...washing the floor on my hands and knees.
    Exercise of some sort

Weekends...too short...especially when I have to work one Saturday every month...black day
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    A time to eat all the things
  • BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    No such thing as weekends in my life.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    A time to eat all the things
    Do you eat strictly midweek and eat anything you feel like at the weekend?

Depends on my goals. When trying to lose I keep the calories lower during the week, and weekends they are very high so I can eat whatever I want.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Saturday is a day of fun. Which, for me usually means time spent outside. Sunday is a day of work- cooking, cleaning, outdoor work, any work that i want to wrap up before the week begins again.

Oh and Friday/ Saturday are usually "eat all the things" days.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    I see it as a time to get more done at the gym or do a long run, and also to allow for some time just to relax and read with a cup of coffee. Unfortunately, having a wife means that she plans projects around the house and taking her to different places.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Time to keep 3 kids entertained - pool, outdoor play, new parks, etc.. I also get in at least one longer run on the weekend and do laundry, grocery shopping/pick-up if I plan ahead and get out without kids on Saturday night.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Depends on the weekend. Some weekends are busy and others are more relaxed.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    It's when I get yard work done. Take my wife out for dinner. Hike. Ride.

This is all going to change on July 31st when I retire. Everyday will be the weekend.