Veggie Burgers

alcomer
alcomer Posts: 101 Member
I'm looking for recommendations for veggie burgers. I have tried Morning Star and they are ok, just wondering if anyone has suggestions for other brands. Thanks!

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I like Bubba Burger and Dr. Praegers.
  • alcomer
    alcomer Posts: 101 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »

Where besides Costco can you find Dr. Praegers?
  • Florida_Superstar
    Florida_Superstar Posts: 194 Member
    I've used this site where you can build your own. My first recipe came out bland, but I've made a few good combinations since then:

https://thecookful.com/veggie-burger-formula-make-perfect-burger/

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    I really like these
    https://www.whollyveggie.com/
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    alcomer wrote: »

Trader Joe’s, I think.

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,216 Member
    If you have an Aldi's by you, they have a few veggie burger choices now. It's labeled Earth Grown. I loved the Black Bean Chipotle the most. The regular veggie burger tasted too much like corn and peas for me. The Kale one had a decent flavor, but fell apart easily. I haven't tried their quinoa one yet (they were out of stock). Anyway, long story short. Get the Black Bean Chipotle if you can!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    alcomer wrote: »

I get mine from Publix.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I like the Boca ones and Beyond Burger. I also eat Sweet Earth. The best one I have tried which isn’t available in grocery stores yet is the Impossible Burger. It is delicious.
  • tracybear86
    tracybear86 Posts: 163 Member
    I like Gardein for normal times (fewer calories and less expensive) and Beyond on special occasions. They both have product locators on their websites.
  • alihoule93
    alihoule93 Posts: 16 Member
    Beyond is good! I also like these ones by the brand "Light Life" that I find sometimes at Walmart! They cook up really well. When in doubt, I gravitate to anything with a black bean base though! Most grocery stores I have been to have some version of those. :)
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    My favorite brand of veggie meat so far is Quorn.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Just tried the Beyond Burger on July 4th. I was impressed! I've always kind of liked Boca burgers, but I was looking for something that actually tasted closer to a real beef burger, and Beyond is definitely closer IMO.
  • The Beyond Burger is amazing! One of the best veggie burgers I've ever had
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    The Beyond Burger is probably my fav. I also really like Quorn and Dr. Praegers.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    I like Yves. I'll have Sol on occasion.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Quorn, but I think we may have a wider range of quorn here in the uk? The best ones in my opinion are the “classic burgers” from the chilled section. They cook in the oven in 15 mins and don’t dry out.

Love it! I haven't actually tried one of their burgers but my favorite Quorn I eat every day are Meatless Pieces and the Steak Strips. Yummy!
  • tracybear86
    tracybear86 Posts: 163 Member
    The Quorn Spicy Chick'n patties are great! I haven't seen the burgers in stores near me but I will definitely keep my eye out now!
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    another shout out for Quorn! I haven't tried a burger by them, but I like their "chicken" patties quite a bit.