Rude Awakening

Options
So I thought i was getting there, I'm just by the tiniest of fractions within a normal bmi range for the first time in about 25 years, i've managed to get my walking up to two and half hours on a very good non work day and people have been asking me if i'm ill (which seems to be a common question thrown at people on the forum who have lost a fair bit of weight from what i've read) so I thought i would kick it up a bit and bought myself a cheap bike.

Oh my goodness, I am so unfit, the good news is despite not being on a bike for about 20 years I didn't fall off but the bad news is that a short 30 min reasonably leisurely ride left me sweating and out of breath. Nowhere near as many calories burnt as a decent walk but ramping up the aul heart rate must be good, right?

Replies

• sheils8
    sheils8 Posts: 57
    Options
    Hi! I find that the same thing happens to me when I try new activities. I used to run alot, that was really the only exercise I did and then one day I did a JM video for just 20 minutes and nearly died! Stick with it, you will get used to it! And congrats on all your hard work!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Additional muscles too (quads)