NOT HAPPY, advice please

Options
well this week i have been what ud call a star pupil!!! not once have i been over my calories and i have been to the gym everyday and even started the 30day shread 2 days ago. i was epecdting at least 1 pound loss but NOTHING!!

what have i done wrong

Replies

• leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    ur building more muscle, give it time!
  • Jeni322
    Jeni322 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring too? As lesturn8 said you could be building muscle! I have weeks where I lose squat but can feel my clothes getting looser. Try not to be too let down by what the scales says and let your measuring tape and looser clothes tell you how you are doing xx
  • lesduit
    lesduit Posts: 3
    Options
    The same thin number happened to me, but my clothes started to feel looser. That felt as good as any number. Just hang in there and you will surely see results!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Nothing ...
    It's normal when you are upping activity and building muscle to have a 'stagnant' weight period right at first because you are holding on to water and other nutrients to help rebuild the muscular tissue. Just keep with it, be strong and don't worry about what the scale says. I would recommend taking measurements to compare though ... Muscle tissue is denser than fat so you may not see a number on the scale go down before you see inches go down.
    Accept it, be proud of what you HAVE done, which is step up and knuckle down. Keep with it and you will reap the rewards!
    Great week!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    you are not doing anything wrong on the contrary you are doing it right. . when building muscle sometimes your body will retain extra water in the muscles during recovery.. . .So just keep up the hard work make sure that you get plenty of water and you will see results. . Just be patient. . .

The other thing I would say is make sure if you have not done it already take your measurements and then retake them again in a couple weeks. . you will be amazed how much progress you make. .

After the birth of my daughter I started going to the gym 5 or 6 days a week. . . and I dropped 3 sizes and still weighed the same. . . Muscle takes up far less room than fat. . Hope this helps.
  • JohnnyStorm
    JohnnyStorm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. Last week I lost 5 lbs but this week nothing despite following the plan. However, my impedence scale tells me that my body fat percentage is down 1% . That means that this is working and my body is simply recompositioning itself and there will be more weight loss to come. Don't be discouraged, this is a marathon not a sprint.
  • Rockin23
    Rockin23 Posts: 59
    Options
    I know I don't have the right answer and I'm not even gonna try and tell you something that I don't think is right. But there's one piece of advice I can give you, DON'T GIVE UP! it's only been a week!! =)
  • liza001
    liza001 Posts: 77
    Options
    My measurements are smaller now than I was 20 years ago and 10 kgs (22lb) lighter! I truly hate the scales... I wake up in the morning and after breakfast just before I walk out the door I'm 1 kg (2.2lb) lighter than after my first pee of the day! :laugh:

Sooooo if you have been good and haven't got calorie amnesia then I wouldn't worry... I do have to say that because it is a fact that so many have calorie amnesia, so just in case... As I wouldn't like to be encouraging you if you are in that category... :ohwell:

There are some great threads in this motivation area who post about their NSV (non scale victory) what an awesome idea... The person who invented that name should be given a medal! :drinker:

So so so many suffer from those dreaded scales that the NSV is a better way to congratulate yourself rather than leaving up to the decietful scales... There's water retention us woman are very good at, muscle, Undigested food... I'm not sure of anything else, since Water is at least 70% of our composition I'll just say water, water, water and water and maybe some more water.. One more for good measure... Water :laugh:

What are your NSV's ?

Ps... I was told years ago to take that largest (fattest) problem area of your body measure it and as you lose every inch is equal to 1/2 a stone (7lb) of fat on the scales.. Rule of thumb so to speak... Now I know that that is debatable... But then so are the scales and we have them as our master! I tad ironic don't you think? :flowerforyou:
  • liza001
    liza001 Posts: 77
    Options
    Oops double post...

Ok to make the most of this post... I was just reviewing my loss over the last few months... From June 1 - present... I've lost 5 cm around my waist/ 3 cm on hips/ 2cm thighs/ 2cm arms (wow) Yet I've only lost 2.5 kgs :noway:

The 1 inch rule would put me at 1/2 stone ... I actually believe that to be true :drinker:

Do you know people that are bigger than you and weigh less?

I'm a biggest loser fan, last year the commando (:glasses: high profile, extremely scary, army master) took two contestants (men) away to an island and boot camped them! Poor guys... They weighed in each week and some weeks had no loss! Other weeks just 1 kg... Yet others (men) back at the house, same size, were losing 6-10 kgs ... And who had the most loss and won the series? One of the bootcamp guys... They first built muscle, their metabolism increased they got to peak in muscle the rest of the weight "fell off"
  • jenfotovat
    Options
    I love that concept that Johnny said..its a marathon..not a sprint..its perfect! :)
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing!!! This is not a sprint race is a marathon, the results at the 100 meters don't count!