How I Lost Weight 10 Years Ago

Options
I used to be fairly overweight as a teenager, I remember that I was somewhere around 220 pounds at around 16 years old. It was really embarrassing and it took a toll, but everything changed for me when I started vegetarianism. I actually did a hybrid diet of vegetarian and pescetarian (one who only eats fish).

Anyways, I noticed after adjusting my diet vastly I started to start consuming fewer calories. I started to occupy my time with more 'important' things os I would not turn to food to meet my emotional needs. For example, I would spend time with friends, focus on my life purpose and self-development. What food was to me was a biological craving probably caused by eating processed foods and a mental habit. I changed all of that by getting to the root of it.

I remember what really got me to lose weight is intermittent fasting, I would eat only once a day and something like 500-800 calories. I lost weight rapidly over the course of 4-6 months.. it was really impressive. I completely changed from the summer to around December of 2010.

Sometimes, I wonder if I had never took the challenge to lose weight I may be even worse (or the same) now as far as weight goes. I can gladly say that I am at a point in my weight journey where it's just a refinement of where I am at. I currently weigh 165 pounds, and my goal is to get to 145 pounds.. I really want to be slender, fit and lean.

I guess my point with this post is to say that those younger people here who are looking to lose weight, keep at it because you will look on 10 years from now and thank yourself for changing your bad eating habits. I look back on myself nad thank myself for being so wise to take care of my health the best I could and now I am reaping the benefits.

Right now, I am just focusing on getting healthier and healthier. I feel like it is an 'upward spiral' so I am grateful for that and am here to share my health tips, tricks, and ideas. I also am looking to learn a lot from everyone else's experiences here too.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!