Lost 25 pounds... 20 more to go!

DanielaNSand
DanielaNSand Posts: 11 Member
edited July 2019 in Motivation and Support
w2is9dlmlxk9.jpeg

I lost 25 pounds after following a healthy diet and an excellent work out program.
I had surgery 6 months ago and that put a pause on my progress, but I’m back and ready to lose 20 pounds.
I need accountability and help, specially if you have experienced returning to the gym and healthy eating habits after a a set back.

Replies

• rocknmommy
    rocknmommy Posts: 2 Member
    Congrats on the 25 lbs lost. It’s so hard to get back on the wagon after falling off for any reason. You just have to do it. Go to the gym one morning, and then the next, and the next, and so on. You’ve done it before and you can do it again. Climb back on the wagon and hang in there.
  • DanielaNSand
    Thank you! It is good to know I am not alone. :) My goal for today is to stay within my 40/40/20 macro 40 protein/40 fat and 20 carbs. And going to the gym 3 times a week. That’s how I did it before, that’s all I have to do now. :) What are you doing to get to your goals? What helps you?
  • DanielaNSand
    @laceygaywilson that happened to me too! It took me 6 years to lose those first 25 pounds! After my forth baby, and being older, my body just got used to how I was eating and the non-exercise life. I think I was able to lose that at first because it was new. Now it is “getting old” so finding motivation here helps!
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    I am with you! Knowing that we all go through the difficulties of getting started and going through setbacks helps me. Your post has helped me! I have gained and lost 20 lbs over and over. Here I am again, determined! Things that help me: Training for my retirement, I want to surg big waves. For that I had better stay in shape and prepare with a strong body. Also, the alternative motivated me. So I gained 20, if I do nothing now and give up in frustration it will become 40. So really no choice.
  • DanielaNSand
    That’s true! It is so cray how quickly I can gain 2 pounds, but how hard I have to work to lose it :( Yes, giving up in frustration is not an option. So I will keep on going. One thing that helped me was posting my macros everyday to a group. So I am doing that now. I’ve planned my food for today and I am committed to staying there today. 772h0cn93p9y.png
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    You look amazing! Going to the gym has helped me a lot with leftover pain from surgery. Way to go on maintaining your weight after surgery, that is when I gained most of my weight!
  • DanielaNSand
    Thank you @Katmary71 . It is so tricky to listen to my body after surgery though. If I push myself too hard, I will be back at the operation table. If I don’t go to the gym, I won’t recover either. But I do think going and eating well are the only 2 things I can do now. Other than panic and give up..
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    Can you work with a physical therapist to create a workout program? Either that or talk to your doctor so you don't end up overdoing it when working out, it sounds like it's a fine balance. In my case I started with my recumbent bike in January then added weights and the elliptical about 6 weeks ago. I feel more confident physically and am able to do more, it's great to be able to depend on my body not only for working out but in daily tasks.

If you're not sure you can change everything, start with one thing at a time. For example, start logging your food, then tweak it as needed. When you feel good about that, add in exercise. It won't feel as overwhelming if you start this way.
  • DanielaNSand
    I am following my doctor's instructions with my coach. They know how much I am allowed to lift and what I can do. The problem is that after the recommended 6 weeks I tried on heavier weights alone and that was not a good idea. So i am back to 15 pounds and being careful with my core exercises. I do like the idea of starting slowly though. I have been going to the gym 2wice a week and now I will try 3 and see how it goes.
  • KIC127
    KIC127 Posts: 20 Member
    Way to go! I’m in a similar spot. 27 lost, 20 to go. We can do this!
  • laceygaywilson
    laceygaywilson Posts: 330 Member
    @laceygaywilson that happened to me too! It took me 6 years to lose those first 25 pounds! After my forth baby, and being older, my body just got used to how I was eating and the non-exercise life. I think I was able to lose that at first because it was new. Now it is “getting old” so finding motivation here helps!

YEEEEEEES there are some wonderful ladies on here who help keep me going!! Thankful for MFP!! My goals are super similar to yours!!! Water water water!!! Workout 3 times a week!! Our food is the same!! Woo woo!! Gonna run calisthenics and yoga this morning before my office day!!!! We got this in the bag!!!!
  • DanielaNSand
    How has your week been so far? I’m still feeling motivated and excited and went to the gym today. I will go again Thursday and Friday. I always leaving the house, but when I get there I love it (well not the first 15 minutes :) ).
  • DanielaNSand
    How are you doing? I’m ready to keep going. :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    If that photo of you isn't total motivation, I don't know what could be! You look beautiful now, and can't imagine 20 more pounds down? That will be incredible. I also like how you have the same clothes on in both photos.. it shows all of us how 20 pounds can creep on us and we think "hey, I'm wearing the same clothes. Ive only gained five pounds." Best to you as you approach your goal. :)
  • DanielaNSand
    Thank you! I needed to hear that today :).