Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Peanut Butter ?

I have been eating Whipped Peanut Butter and I thought it would b a great Protein but it is showing more as a Fat. Can someone explain or help me with a better PB choice?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited July 2019
    Peanut butter is a fat with some protein in it. You can try peanut butter powder, which is basically PB with the fat sucked out of it. I like it for things you would mix PB into, not so much in things where you're looking for the mouth feel, not just the taste.

PB helps your protein in that every little bit helps, but nuts in general aren't going to give you the protein hit that meat, fish, and dairy will.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2019
    is the main goal protein snack (or bread topping?)? nuts/pb are not my top pick for protein snacks, pretty low protein per calorie.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Shrimp cocktail is the best protein snack.
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Nothing wrong with peanut butter at all-even as a fat. Mostly mono and poly-unsaturated fats which is good for you...not to mention that fat helps us feel satisfied/full. It balances blood sugar response after eating.
    I like the Trader Joe's natural chunky...I like JIF creamy sometimes...or I'll go to whole foods or Mom's Organic Market and fresh-grind the stuff. NOM NOM NOM.

PS: Don't go reduced fat or "whipped"...for the reasons above-and a lot of times there are more added sugars, etc.
  • maureenseel1984
    Shrimp cocktail is the best protein snack.

If you can afford that :neutral:
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Walmart Jumbo Frozen Shrimp $0.34 per ounce. = $5.44/lb.

454 g Shrimp = 108g protein.

Cost per gram of protein $.05/g
  • maureenseel1984
    Walmart Jumbo Frozen Shrimp $0.34 per ounce. = $5.44/lb.

454 g Shrimp = 108g protein.

Cost per gram of protein $.05/g

8i3naxx8cywh.gif
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    cksmiley65 wrote: »
    I have been eating Whipped Peanut Butter and I thought it would b a great Protein but it is showing more as a Fat. Can someone explain or help me with a better PB choice?

Peanut butter is made from peanuts...which are primarily a source of good fats. Nuts aren't a particularly good source of protein as a % of total calories.
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    I make my own peanut butter. 1 ingredient...peanuts, nothing added.