Weight tracking question for the girls

Options
I've been ill the last week or so, and i haven't been keeping to my exercise (though I have stayed pretty well in my calories.) I also - lucky me - started my TOM on Thursday and have been feeling pretty awful the last couple of days.

I was a bit concerned i would have fallen from my progress without the exercise, so i weighed in a couple of days early this morning - my usual weigh in is tuesday - to see what the damage was. now i know that during TOM your weight can fluctuate up by quite a bit, but does anyone know if it can fluctuate DOWN? I'm still not off, but my scales say i've lost 2lb. Is this possible, or should i wait and see if it's gone back up on Tuesday for my normal fortnightly weigh in?

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Well, we do fluctuate up and down on a daily basis, and it is a possibility that your previous weigh-in was on an "up" and the newest one was on a "down" part of the flux...

Either way, there are so many factors listed in your post as to why you may have gained or lost weight that it doesn't seem to me that it would matter that much. You can't control certain things like being sick, and we know that weight gain/loss happens during those times because of changes in eating habits and exercise...

In other words, I wouldn't even worry about it or fret about it. Just keep doing what you are doing. :bigsmile:

I personally only weigh-in once a month because I prefer to track big changes, not simply daily fluctuations.
  • Rockin23
    Rockin23 Posts: 59
    Options
    It just fluctuates up and down. Wait til Tuesday.
  • suzieb1971
    suzieb1971 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    my weight goes down when its my time of the month, then it goes back up afterwards. just stick to your normal weigh in day and just carry on as normal.
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    Hiya :-)
    I am in the TOTAL same thing! I would wait though until your actual weigh day as thats when you get weighed etc..
    i`ve been up and down in one week and at my weigh in i have ended up losing :-) just keep going until tuesday xox
  • tkb1985
    tkb1985 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, will wait to record on tuesday :smile: