Matcha?

Options
So, on a whim, I ordered some matcha powder from Amazon a while back. Now, I have a very small, very expensive tin of green powder in my cabinet and no idea what to do with it. What do you guys do with matcha powder, exactly?

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    So, on a whim, I ordered some matcha powder from Amazon a while back. Now, I have a very small, very expensive tin of green powder in my cabinet and no idea what to do with it. What do you guys do with matcha powder, exactly?

I like to mix a bit of it into plain greek yogurt and top that with blueberries. I also like to put it into smoothies with vanilla protein powder and fruit/vegetables. I know some people bake with it but I've never tried it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,926 Member
    Options
    There should be directions for making tea on the container, yes? Or in the listing?

Ex: https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Matcha-Green-Tea-Powder/dp/B00DDT116M

Directions

Dissolve 1/2 to 1 tsp in boiling water and whisk to create the perfect cup of matcha. Add as required to lattes, smoothies, or any other recipe

Peach & Kale Matcha Smoothie

Ingredients:

2 tsp. Kiss Me Organics Culinary Matcha
    1 Frozen banana
    1 Cup almond milk
    2 Leaves of kale, stems removed
    1-2 Ripe peaches
    ½ tsp. Grated ginger
    1 Handful of ice
    Instructions: Add all ingredients to a blender, blend until smooth and enjoy!

Matcha Latte

Ingredients:

1 tsp. Kiss Me Organics culinary matcha
    1 cup Almond milk (or soy or cow or goat milk)
    1 tsp. Sweetener of choice (optional)
    Instructions:

1. Place matcha in the bottom of a coffee mug or other heat-proof cup.
    2. Bring milk to a simmer in a small pot.
    3. Add milk little by little to the matcha powder, whisking as you go so there are no clumps. Use a handheld frother to get more foam.
    4. Sweeten with sweetener of choice.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I make tea with mine.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I make tea with it and I cook with it. I don't pretend to think that it has any effects on my health and fitness mind you, but I do like the taste of matcha.
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I love matcha lattes. My sister makes matcha scones
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I tried so many times to like it. I really don't get the appeal. It tastes like dirt to me.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,284 Member
    Options
    I mix it with cold water, squeeze a lemon or lime wedge in it, add 3 ice cubes, and drink it with my oatmeal and coffee every day.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,913 Member
    Options
    Make fudge!