Thicc girl: losing and maintaining shape

Options
chloecola
chloecola Posts: 104 Member
edited July 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm about to post the same message in the forums... But as a thick girl who loves severe curves (thick thighs/stacked butt/tiny waist/flat stomach), how should I be eating and training? I am 176.8 as of right now even though I look like I weigh much less. I retain muscle really well and respond almost instantly to diet. My highest was 220. I got down to 143 before and you could not only see my sternum, but I was shivering in 90° weather and I was really weak (I load truck and build cabinets for a living so thats not safe). Also lost all my pretty curves. Help.

v5hjqqw75si0.jpg

Replies

• corysmithsmail
    corysmithsmail Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    If you aren't trying to lose weight I would eat at maintenance and concentrate on heavy lifting, with minimal cardio. If you want to put on more muscle, you will have to be in a caloric surplus while lifting heavy. Look into body recomposition.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    In order to retain muscle which can help with your body composition/curves as you get to goal, eat in a deficit (nothing too aggressive but it will depend on your stats), get at least 0.8-1g protein per lean body mass and and incorporate progressive strength training (I would recommend following a program).
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    In addition to great advice above, focus on compound lifting that works your thighs and glutes such as squats. Make sure to get enough protein and fat and lose slow if at all.