Rant/Venting

Options
Jenna__XoXo
Jenna__XoXo Posts: 117 Member
Sorry guys, I just need to vent and i didn't know where else too put this. So latelyi have been so burnt out with just about every aspect of my life. I hurt my leg so i can't run right now, my lifts have sucked, I'm sick of my job. I just don't know what to do to get out of this rut I'm in.

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    i hear you. going thru many of the same struggles. Feel like i've been going in circles with my life for the last year and a half trying to move forward on...anything.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Are you fed up because you are burnt out? Or are you burnt out because you are fed up?

Which is the easiest thing to tackle atm? What can you do about it? Re you leg, is it a matter of rest or do you need physio? How have your lifts sucked? Could this be down to you feeling burnout? Sometimes a deload week or break is needed.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I hear you

I'm in a rut and can't dig myself out
    I like my job, but don't care if I lose it

having super weird physical symptoms and anxiety....
    ...scared to get further testing

used to like to run, don't like anything much anymore physically and and feel weak and fatigued all the time
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    just keep at it. And make sure to get that SIMS game. You can take your frustrations out on the sims characters. I find that gets me through.
  • Jenna__XoXo
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    Are you fed up because you are burnt out? Or are you burnt out because you are fed up?

Which is the easiest thing to tackle atm? What can you do about it? Re you leg, is it a matter of rest or do you need physio? How have your lifts sucked? Could this be down to you feeling burnout? Sometimes a deload week or break is needed.

I think im fed up because I'm burnt out. I took four days off for the holiday I was off work and didn't workout or worry about food then. I thought the issue with my leg was a shin splints but now I'm not so sure because it didn't get any better even though i didn't run for a whole week. My lifts suck because I'm too in my head and im tired of doing the same workouts every week. As for work I've never liked my job but it pays the bills so I need it.
  • Jenna__XoXo
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I hear you

I'm in a rut and can't dig myself out
    I like my job, but don't care if I lose it

having super weird physical symptoms and anxiety....
    ...scared to get further testing

used to like to run, don't like anything much anymore physically and and feel weak and fatigued all the time

I feel the same way, I'm glad im not alone in this though.
  • bigdaddylovesbabymomma
    Options
    Grrr. Right there with ya gurl. Rehabbing a torn bicep and tricep. It can be very frustrating! I use a compression band to engorge the torn muscles, tendons, and ligaments to stimulate growth. Have to be careful you don't develop compression syndrome and build up too much lactic acid when you release it, but it does speed up rehab. Hope it does get better soon!
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options
    Going off the information given...

1) take a two week break from training altogether. If your leg is just "hurt" it should be better by then. If not, you are "injured" and should seek medical help

2) use the extra time from not training to either modify your role at work to suit you better, or find alternate employment

3) develop a new plan to resume training. Mix up your current regimen and scope it out for a month. Set yourself some realistic mini milestones. Passing these will provide self induced motivation to continue on

4) Tequila, but not for washing away your woes. Instead, use it to revel in your newfound glory.

5) update us, we want to be happy for you.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys, I just need to vent and i didn't know where else too put this. So latelyi have been so burnt out with just about every aspect of my life. I hurt my leg so i can't run right now, my lifts have sucked, I'm sick of my job. I just don't know what to do to get out of this rut I'm in.

You probably just need a new MFP boyfriend.

Lucky you!

I have someone in mind.....
  • dm01234_1
    dm01234_1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I tend to think we all go through these 'spurts' from time to time.

For a period everything is working well, then one day it's not. Sometimes nothing has changed. Sometimes that's the source of the problem.

Seasons come and seasons go, try something new. One thing. Find one thing to do today or tomorrow that you've never done.
  • Jenna__XoXo
    Options

1) take a two week break from training altogether. If your leg is just "hurt" it should be better by then. If not, you are "injured" and should seek medical help

2) use the extra time from not training to either modify your role at work to suit you better, or find alternate employment

3) develop a new plan to resume training. Mix up your current regimen and scope it out for a month. Set yourself some realistic mini milestones. Passing these will provide self induced motivation to continue on

4) Tequila, but not for washing away your woes. Instead, use it to revel in your newfound glory.

I know I should take a break to heal my leg but I feel guilty doing that because then I feel like I'll lose all the other progress I've made so far.
    Work isn't going to change but I'm also not in a position where I can leave at the moment.
    I will spend some time making a new training plan and creating some new goals for myself.
  • Jenna__XoXo
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

You probably just need a new MFP boyfriend.

Lucky you!

I have someone in mind.....

Nopee... pretty sure that isn't the issue.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options

I know I should take a break to heal my leg but I feel guilty doing that because then I feel like I'll lose all the other progress I've made so far.
    Work isn't going to change but I'm also not in a position where I can leave at the moment.
    I will spend some time making a new training plan and creating some new goals for myself.

I've not been lifting long - but try to switch up the routine every 8-10 weeks - I just google for a new routine as I know nothing myself and it takes the thinking out of it - good luck hope chit gets easier sooner than later
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options

Negative on the progress loss. You may set back one or two sessions worth of conditioning, but after a week back on you'll be right where you were, may even break a plateau.

On the other hand, continuing to train on a "hurt" leg can easily become an "injured" leg.

Wish I could be more helpful on the work front.

Let us know how the whole mfp boyfriend thing works out too! Lol