Lost 50lbs, gained 65lbs back.

Options
I started on this app in early 2015 at 168 pounds. Over 2015-2016 I got down to 117 pounds. Over 2017-2019 I’ve slowly been gaining it all back and I am now at 182.

I would love new friends to help keep my feed active and keep me motivated! Feel free to add me.

Replies

• eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am also 5”4 so I have quite a bit to be a healthy weight.
  • shrinking_amazonian
    shrinking_amazonian Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi ErinSot, I am in the same boat as you. I was doing really well around 2015 and then over the last bunch of years managed to gain and gain and gain. I have 100lbs I want to lose and am 5'11. I am just figuring out Keto and my first goal is to lose 45lbs by the end of 2019.
  • lynnbasa
    lynnbasa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see this thread. I'm trying again to lose weight with exercise and calorie restriction. But I've learned over 40 decades of dieting that every time I lose 10 lbs I gain back 15. I'm up to 192 now and I'm 5'10. I used to think I was "fat" at 145. Now I'd be happy just to see 165 again. I'm giving it a go again, but I'm really discouraged. Sometimes I feel like it would be better to just not try since I inevitably gain weight every time I do. I wish I knew the answer to getting out of this vicious cycle. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • shrinking_amazonian
    Options
    I completely understand what you mean, I too was thinking I was "fat" when really I wasn't at all. My goal weight is 165, I have a long road ahead of me but I am ready to put in the work. I don't have the answers but I know I am sick of being in the body I am in - the one that doesn't cooperate and gets tired too quickly, the body that holds me back. Cheers to us getting healthier!
    lynnbasa wrote: »
    I'm glad to see this thread. I'm trying again to lose weight with exercise and calorie restriction. But I've learned over 40 decades of dieting that every time I lose 10 lbs I gain back 15. I'm up to 192 now and I'm 5'10. I used to think I was "fat" at 145. Now I'd be happy just to see 165 again. I'm giving it a go again, but I'm really discouraged. Sometimes I feel like it would be better to just not try since I inevitably gain weight every time I do. I wish I knew the answer to getting out of this vicious cycle. Any advice would be appreciated.

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I was the queen of the yo yo diet for decades. Not any more. Not since MFP.

I've been here a month today. By logging everything I eat into the food diary and staying within my calorie range, I've lost 7.5 inches and 10 pounds. I'm super happy with these results.

It took me 9 months prior to MFP to get 10 pounds off, and 1 month on MFP to get the next 10 pounds off. That speaks volumes.

This is now my lifestyle. I'm eating foods I love which makes this sustainable for me.

Good luck to you all on your journey. ❤
  • eringrace95_
    Options
    Hi ErinSot, I am in the same boat as you. I was doing really well around 2015 and then over the last bunch of years managed to gain and gain and gain. I have 100lbs I want to lose and am 5'11. I am just figuring out Keto and my first goal is to lose 45lbs by the end of 2019.

I tried keto but I suffered very severely from the “keto flu” and it wasn’t agreeing with me so I figured I’d go back to my original method of good old calorie counting. I hope it works for you though!
  • eringrace95_
    Options
    lynnbasa wrote: »

We can do it!! Just motivation and dedication.
  • eringrace95_
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    I was the queen of the yo yo diet for decades. Not any more. Not since MFP.

I've been here a month today. By logging everything I eat into the food diary and staying within my calorie range, I've lost 7.5 inches and 10 pounds. I'm super happy with these results.

It took me 9 months prior to MFP to get 10 pounds off, and 1 month on MFP to get the next 10 pounds off. That speaks volumes.

This is now my lifestyle. I'm eating foods I love which makes this sustainable for me.

Good luck to you all on your journey. ❤

Thanks so much! Yes MFP works wonders. That’s how I lost my weight initially but life got in the way and I got lazy with logging. That’s why I’m looking for more motivation!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    oh I know that is depressing, I gained 25 lbs back after 40 lb loss yr before last and lost it last year . You Can Do It!
    Everyone is different, I didnt do keto but I did do low carb, 100 gr or less and the weight came off fast and kept it off for a year now, feel much better, can wear my clothes and not so hot this summer.
  • Amberly3377
    Amberly3377 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel you all. I just made a new account to start fresh. I lost 60 lbs and am now back up 43 lbs. I'm in the military and this means I can't be promoted on top of how much I'm disappointed with myself. Add me if you want support and understanding.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Have you checked out the groups on here "keto" and "Low Carber Daily Forum"

Great active discussions on tips, recipes, health, and results for ketoers.

Been doing keto for about a month, love it, feel great. Energy is insane!
  • kay8119
    kay8119 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the same..up and down with my weight for years..I'm up to 188 this time and I'm really struggling to lose trying all kinds of different diets and stuff.. but on shift work it's like I have no energy left
  • shrinking_amazonian
    Options

Have you checked out the groups on here "keto" and "Low Carber Daily Forum"

Great active discussions on tips, recipes, health, and results for ketoers.

Been doing keto for about a month, love it, feel great. Energy is insane!

I will check these out - thanks for the suggestion!
  • msmall724
    msmall724 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 and have gone up and down the scale. Currently i find my 5' 3" self at 177 pounds abd and I'm pretty depressed. Would love some peeps to help keep me motivated and bounce ideas and tips off each other.
  • eringrace95_
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses! Glad to see I’m not alone.
  • Cuddlebearjay
    Cuddlebearjay Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a near identical experience, now up to 189.
    Back to it and going slow, but we can do this! Feel free to add me :)
  • eringrace95_
    Options
    Added!
  • SLara2012
    SLara2012 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Same boat and we are the same height! Shoot me a friend request, For whatever reason, the app isn’t allowing me to ask for friends 😡

• SLara2012
    SLara2012 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I too lost over 50 lbs and gained it all plus 5. Thank god only an extra 5, but I feel I need to get me back to where I was. It’s really hard not beating myself over it because I should have seen it, but kept eating. Glad to see we aren’t alone 😃