Does it look like I've lost? [pics]

Options
Honestly... does it look like I have lost any weight? I weigh approximately 210 in the pink, and 204 in the grey... and in my opinion I feel like I just look like I have gotten fatter. :[

fatness-2.jpg

Replies

• msmith5251s
    Options
    Note: mind the stretch marks. :] baby's are great!
  • balowry1
    balowry1 Posts: 85
    Options
    Yes, most definitely! You have a lost some weight. Keep it up!
  • ScoutMom1
    Options
    it does look like you have around the waist, however you are at a slightly different angle on your 204 pic and showing a little more of your backside so that makes it a bit difficult to tell, but from what I see you can tell.
  • kristinaohno
    kristinaohno Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i can see the difference.
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    I can't see any difference but hen it's only 6lbs (well done on those 6lbs though!) and it's only your stomach. Weight comes of other areas too :o)

I have a length of string and I wrap it around my stomach, and tie a knot in it every few weeks. I can measure from teh start know to now and see I've lost 3" in total. Ant the scales say 9lbs, yet I think I look fatter today than I did a week or two ago :(
    The string doesn't lie though!
  • msmith5251s
    Options
    I suppose if I keep taking pictures along the way, I will truly notice the difference.
    I was thinking every 10 lbs. but I got excited and did it early.
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    I did similar, took a starting pic, then one three weeks later and couldn't see a difference in the photos.

I'll just be taking one at teh "end" now, and I can look back at the starting pic as a reminder of how easily things can slip!

Keep up teh good work, a scales victory is a good one to have!
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    I can see a little difference, you're definatly NOT bigger.

But omg, you don't look 200LB at all!

Keep it up!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference in your waist :)
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Be excited that you are losing weight. You are doing an awesome job! Keep up the great work!
  • sgriddler
    sgriddler Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My honest answer is the pics look very similar, The one on the left looks slightly fuller.
    But, When i lost weight, the first most noticeable area was my face and neck. My biggest area, my belly took more than 20lb to change by any amount. But it did go from being hard and fat to softer and fat :) Clothes fitted looser , even though i didnt look a great deal different. Then not long after that, my shape started to change greatly. Make sure you do strength exercise as they will make a bigger difference to your appearance than just losing weight.
    So dont lose heart, it will come to you...
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I can definately see a difference.
    I believe there is a roundness to your back in the first photo that is not there in the second.
    Thats a hard place to spot without a photograph!
  • msmith5251s
    Options

Keep it up!

People have always told me I don't look my weight.
    At 195 I wore a size 10 in women's Levis.
  • IggyL
    IggyL Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I can see a small difference but at first when I started losing it was in my face shoulders and arms.
    I have a length of string and I wrap it around my stomach, and tie a knot in it every few weeks. I can measure from teh start know to now and see I've lost 3" in total.

Great idea! I might have to try that :)
  • carriecarrot
    carriecarrot Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You lost back fat. Always a good thing to lose, lol
  • aprilhelmreich
    aprilhelmreich Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just started and will be taking my picture every month. And let me tell you I look TERRIBLE in a bikini right now... but my "after" pictures are going to be great! Keep up the great work and keep on trucking along!
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options

Keep it up!

Wow! How tall are you?
    I'm jealous ha, I'm small and round like a big beach ball lol!

You pull 200lb off really well, whats your goal?
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My honest answer is the pics look very similar, The one on the left looks slightly fuller.
    But, When i lost weight, the first most noticeable area was my face and neck. My biggest area, my belly took more than 20lb to change by any amount. But it did go from being hard and fat to softer and fat :) Clothes fitted looser , even though i didnt look a great deal different. Then not long after that, my shape started to change greatly. Make sure you do strength exercise as they will make a bigger difference to your appearance than just losing weight.
    So dont lose heart, it will come to you...

I agree. Its better I think to do a full body shot because you can't really know beforehand which part of your body you'll lose the fat from. Yep around your waist is smaller but to be honest the mid-section (especially a side-view) is always going be the hardest place to notice a change in weight.

Don't be disappointed though be proud of your scale achievement but take measures and also weight train.

:smile:
  • msmith5251s
    Options

Keep it up!

Wow! How tall are you?
    I'm jealous ha, I'm small and round like a big beach ball lol!

You pull 200lb off really well, whats your goal?

I am 5'5''... And thanks. :] My goal weight is 140.
    What are your stats? Height, weight and goal weight?
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I do not see a difference, However with that said, I do not think you look 204 pounds at all. Keep up the great work and keep up taking pictures. You will be glad you did when you hit goal :smile: