Brrakfast

Options
vivmack
vivmack Posts: 26 Member
Just wondering what everyone eats for breakfast to keep them full until lunch?

Replies

• Marisela170
    Marisela170 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    When I eat breakfast I’ll usually have a bowl of oatmeal. It’s super versatile so I don’t really get bored of it. But my favorite is with blueberries and cinnamon
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    eggs are my go-to breakfast, what I have with them varies though. But I'm not "full" until lunch. I am ready to eat it. If I felt full at lunch then should I be eating? :D
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I’m a porridge person and usually have topped with toasted seeds and honey or like to mix in apples/apple sauce and cinnamon.

Interestingly I’ve noticed breakfast stimulates my appetite so I’m hungry leading up to lunch time whereas if I wait until 11/12 to eat then I’m not as hungry. I’m aiming for the same calorie intake but with the bulk of it split over 2 large meals instead of 3
  • jwisdom80
    jwisdom80 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek Yogurt, Raw Oats, Berries. I prep this Sunday for the week in individual containers with frozen berries, put in fridge and can easily grab on the way out to work. I add a bit of honey or Stevia if needed.

Also like egg muffins (prep ahead) or if I didn't prep ahead I'll have toast with PB and a fruit.

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats (lots of water and cooked for a long time), spices, fruit. some cocoa nibs.

but i eat at 7am and have lunch at 1pm so I actully had a mid-morning snack as well. About 100 calories (almonds or beef jerky).
  • vivmack
    vivmack Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    eggs are my go-to breakfast, what I have with them varies though. But I'm not "full" until lunch. I am ready to eat it. If I felt full at lunch then should I be eating? :D

I have porridge a lot as well but feel pretty hungry come lunch time!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Two slices of toast with peanut butter and jam, and a coffee with milk. It usually keeps me full but I will eat a snack or small meal in between if I am lifting that day.
  • meeraraymond2551
    meeraraymond2551 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Avacado , salmon and eggs keep me full till lunch 😀
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I rotate from soft boiled eggs, bagel and fruit to overnight oats...
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Almonds+granola+roasted edamame=full til noon! sx7ycfme8vv2.jpeg
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I've been on a smoothie kick (mine are usually about 400 cal, and I make sure to add fat, protein, and lots of veg).

Before my smoothie kick my standby was 2 egg omelet with vegetables (spinach, asparagus, mushrooms, for example, but it would depend on what I had on hand), maybe a little feta, and then half an avocado or some fruit or cottage cheese/greek yogurt or smoked salmon on the side, depending on what I had/what I felt like.

Keeping full from breakfast (about 6:30) to lunch (around noon) isn't really an issue for me, no matter what I eat, as I tend to be really busy and it's not that long. I go from noon to about 9 before dinner and around 5 or 6 I often used to want to eat something, although I find if I'm not in the habit of doing so I'm fine. If I feel hungry in the morning after breakfast I'd just have some coffee.
  • VictorSmashes
    VictorSmashes Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The last two days I’ve been sated on whole wheat toast with cream cheese, bing cherries, a medium banana, coffee (with international delight creamer), and water. Amounts were different each day due to availability.
    I really highly recommend the banana and the fluids (esp water). These two things fill you up a lot, the rest is for calories and vitamins.
  • StatChicBayes
    StatChicBayes Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    On weekdays where I hit the gym in the morning I have a latte with 8 oz whole milk and 2 shots of espresso at home around 7:30-8; hit the gym and workout until about 11:15 (cardio and weight training), shower and then go to work and have lunch. I find that this helps cut out about 150-200 calories and I do not eat more at lunch than if I had had a larger breakfast. Some evidence that this helps at https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/22/well/move/a-possible-weight-loss-strategy-skip-breakfast-before-exercise.html but has been working for me.

On weekends I usually have eggs (2-3) or steel-cut oats soaked overnight in plain yogurt (with the cream top :-) and a little water with fresh berries (raspberries or strawberries), and of course a latte!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day. Sometimes nothing (I've been doing a lot of IF lately)...sometimes an egg skillet scramble with sausage and hash browns...sometimes oats...sometimes toast and PB...sometimes a bagel and cream cheese.

It just depends, my appetite is consistent. Sometimes I'm really hungry in the morning and need a larger breakfast to take me through lunch...sometimes I'm not all that hungry so something smaller gets me through until lunch.
  • miyano101
    miyano101 Posts: 12 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    2 poached eggs, 1 piece wholemeal toast and 200ml of unsweetened almond milk. 281 calories.
    lost 84lbs since march 2.
  • MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Protiens and fibers will keep u full for hours
    Oat pita bread and 3 eggs are my regular breakfast
  • keithwp99
    keithwp99 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Sorry thought this was a post about the Space Ghost character Brak. Never mind...