Oldie but New.

Hi there. So I’ve had mfp for a long time. SERIOUSLY. But I never knew it had a chat section. 🤔🤦🏻‍♀️ I sure could use all the support I can get....

Replies

• rupshaw
    rupshaw Posts: 248 Member
    Here to support...your gonna do great! 😃
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Same here, I've had MFP off and on for years, never realized there were forums and groups until a couple of weeks ago.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    One day at a time. I’ve been on here myself back in 2012. Had lost 50 lbs and kept it off for 3 yrs. Gained over 35 lbs back. It’s a battle for sure.

Add me if you like.
    I had lost all my friends and starting anew.

Good luck on your journey!
  • kay8119
    kay8119 Posts: 3 Member
    Same.. been off and on for years.. just learning about the community part.
  • patriley50
    patriley50 Posts: 1 Member
    Just started. Want to track eating and exercise.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Welcome! Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each sub-forum, there 's lots of great tips and info there.

:drinker:
  • rupshaw
    rupshaw Posts: 248 Member
    I started back in 2009 and lost 92 lbs. then my dad got sick with cancer and passed away 2010. Then in 2011 I found out my middle child’s brain tumor had return after almost 10 years of remission. I slowly gained it all back.
    Then 2014 she had to have chemo but instead of allowing myself to gain more weight I used this to motivate me to lose again. I mean if my child can beat a brain tumor I can surely lose weight.
    I did!! Lost right right at 90 lbs again. The 2016 I went to work and this time there’s no reason except laziness. I was at my lowest at 162 lbs. first time since high school. I’ve slowly been creeping and I got back to 215 lbs.
    This year I promised to lose it again. I got down to 198 and then a couple weeks ago found out my mother also has a brain tumor. For a couple weeks I just gave up. I didn’t care!!
    Then on July first I said that was enough!!
    I’ve promised to do 3 things this month.
    1. All the water.
    2. Move for at least 30 mins EVERYDAY.
    3. Post EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth. I’m not really watching what I eat. Really just posting so I can realize what the hell im doing to myself.
    So far I’m 7 days in and I’ve kept my promise!!!
    Here’s to the next 23.... 🙌

Great plan! You’re gonna rock it! Just stay consistent and post often and lid daily! You’ve got this!