Weight loss plateau

Options
My weight loss has slowed down. I started at 180lbs I’m currently at 162. I started my journey 2 months ago and have consistently lost 2lbs a week. The past couple weeks it’s been 1 pound loss and now Its going up and down between 161 and 162. I think I’m in a plateau. My calorie goal is 1200 but most days I eat between 900-1100 cals. I am sendentary most of the day. I don’t exercise. Should I start exercising to break through this plateau?

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Weight loss SHOULD slow down asyou get closer to goal. a rate of loss of 2lb/week is only appropriate/recommended for those who are quite obese. the less you have to lose, the slower you should lose.

how are you measuring your food intake? Are you using a food scale for all foods? carefully selecting database entries?

1200 is the bare minimum recommended for a very short VERY sedentary woman to get enough nutrients to survive. How did you select this goal?

How long has your weight not moved at all? (or is it still trending just slower)?

How tall are you?

18lbs in two months is still a little over 2lb/week. so you're still losing aggressively the numbers just moved more at first.