Bedtime hunger-what to eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• bjkoziara
    bjkoziara Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Have you tried eating your dinner later?
    How many calories are you leaving yourself for a snack?

I typically grab the mustard and some lunch meat for 3-4 quick roll-ups. I have no idea if that would be satisfying to you.

Yellow mustard and a slice of bologna rolled up was my dad's go-to snack. I used to do the same but added american cheese.
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody,

Thanks for the suggestions! I generally eat dinner with my kid around 6. I can try pushing it a little later, but probably not much more than a half hour. I'll try the cottage cheese, string cheese & lunchmeat approach. I might give the oatmeal a shot too-- it looks like it's around 150 calories for a serving!
  • koalathebear
    koalathebear Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have raspberries, cherries and low calorie jelly. I also drink carbonated mineral water with my dinner so I feel more full ...
  • magairlin
    magairlin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    What works for me is a banana and two crispbreads. About 160 calories. The combination of the banana on a sesame crispbread is quite sweet which is a treat for me as I never eat sugary treats like biscuits or cake.
  • Frainy84
    Frainy84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    For me before bed I eat 2 weetabix with semi skinned milk and that fills me up. Might not be for you but it works for me and gives a good hit of fibre 👍
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I often stop eating at around 8 or 8.30, which means it's not an issue. The last few days I've been peckish before bed, so I have these tiny apricot tarts that are 41 calories each. They're sweet and sharp so one or two of those set me up for bed. Sometimes I crumble them over some Skyr for some more protein.

Or if I don't want something carby, I usually have hardboiled eggs in the fridge, which also do the trick.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I don’t feel satisfied after dinner unless I leave enough calories for a snack that feels substantial. For 300-350 calories, I usually have 2 tbsp of peanut butter and something crunchy or sweet to dip in it! Graham crackers, pretzels, dark chocolate, or a few cookies.