people with acid reflux or GERD

Options
what type of diet are you on? and what food are you not aloud to eat? my doctor said I'm not supposed to drink sodas, onions. and so on and so on

Replies

• wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Everyone has different trigger foods. For me it's garlic and alcohol. I will tell you though, ever since I've lost some weight and started exercising regularly, I have not had many episodes. I used to take daily meds but now I can't even remember when the last time I popped a pill.
  • webberhouse
    Options
    I have the same issue and Nexium works wonders. I stay away from chocolate, anything with tomato and most sauces, soups and gravy's. That helps me but everyone has different triggers. Hope this helps.
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Options
    Everyone has different trigger foods. For me it's garlic and alcohol. I will tell you though, ever since I've lost some weight and started exercising regularly, I have not had many episodes. I used to take daily meds but now I can't even remember when the last time I popped a pill.

I can't drink alchol either I get sick after just driking just half of one
  • Brittshae
    Options
    I still eat whatever I want. The foods that trigger a reaction, I just eat in moderation. I have soda every now and then, but if I drink one everyday for a week, it will trigger a reaction.
  • Amandamccl
    Options
    I have the same issue and Nexium works wonders. I stay away from chocolate, anything with tomato and most sauces, soups and gravy's. That helps me but everyone has different triggers. Hope this helps.

I use to take nexium but my insurance will not cover it anymore so now I'm taking some other pill that isn't worth a flip
  • FitterSlimMe
    FitterSlimMe Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I find sugar makes the acid reflux worse. Came across this video on YouTube recently: Sugar: The Bitter Truth (lecture by Robert H. Lustig, MD, UCSF Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology) It is very interesting.
    I read a while back that apples help with reflux and tried it. They work wonders! I eat a piece of apple now and then and especially at night. Now I get a good night's sleep without any reflux.
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    To me spicy foods. Not even a hint of ground pepper for me. And stress gives me bad episodes.

However, ever since I started watching my intake, I haven't had an episode. I think the very reason for it is because I hardly eat out, I don't give in to my cravings (spicy asian food in general), I cook at home so I know what to put on it and how much.
  • Amandamccl
    Options
    To me spicy foods. Not even a hint of ground pepper for me. And stress gives me bad episodes.

However, ever since I started watching my intake, I haven't had an episode. I think the very reason for it is because I hardly eat out, I don't give in to my cravings (spicy asian food in general), I cook at home so I know what to put on it and how much.

stess dose it for me to.. and so does spicy food which is heard for me because I love it hmmm if it helps when you lose weight I might have to kick myself in the butt and get moving