Day after leg day feel awful!!

Options
Hi

Almost every week the day after “leg day”- heavy squats, deadlifts, etc. I feel exhausted and terrible. I am wondering if I should increase calorie intake day after or what would help with this? Open to any and all suggestions because I am miserable :(

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Not enough info.

Are you male or female? What type of calorie deficit are you maintaining? Have you gone low carb?

Are you only doing leg day once a week? What type of lifting program are you using?
  • Bulldogs1717
    Bulldogs1717 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the quick reply! I am female, 118 lbs, 5'2- I am trying to maintain a deficit to recomp, so I eat about 1200-1500 calories/day and try to get most of these from fats and proteins.

I do leg day only once a week because I am also a distance runner (25ish miles/week avg). So my strength training program is only a few days a week- one for legs, one day for arms/back.

On leg day I do heavy squats, deadlifts, cleans, clean n press, lunges w/weights. I have made progression with this, as I can now deadlift 2x my bodyweight, but I'm really tired of feeling so awful and I gotta believe it's coming down to nutrition somehow....

Does that help shed light at all? Thanks agian for any help!
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the quick reply! I am female, 118 lbs, 5'2- I am trying to maintain a deficit to recomp, so I eat about 1200-1500 calories/day and try to get most of these from fats and proteins.

I do leg day only once a week because I am also a distance runner (25ish miles/week avg). So my strength training program is only a few days a week- one for legs, one day for arms/back.

On leg day I do heavy squats, deadlifts, cleans, clean n press, lunges w/weights. I have made progression with this, as I can now deadlift 2x my bodyweight, but I'm really tired of feeling so awful and I gotta believe it's coming down to nutrition somehow....

The most likely culprit is not enough calories. if you are recomping, it's better to do it at maintenance. As someone who is active your maintenance is likely quite a bit higher than that. So it seems like you are in a pretty decent sized deficit at pretty low weight. I imagine that's making it difficult for your body.

Carbs may help too from an energy perspective. I am surprised as a distance runner that you do not eat more of them.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »

The most likely culprit is not enough calories. if you are recomping, it's better to do it at maintenance. As someone who is active your maintenance is likely quite a bit higher than that. So it seems like you are in a pretty decent sized deficit at pretty low weight. I imagine that's making it difficult for your body.

Carbs may help too from an energy perspective. I am surprised as a distance runner that you do not eat more of them.

Yep. That ^^
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Post your logs from running and lifting the last 6-8 weeks please.