PLATEAU

Options
I need some help and advice on how to break the plateau phase. I've been stuck at the same weight for 2weeks. "ive tried just about everything but can't seem to break through.

Replies

• DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I was just about to report the same problem. It's been 4 wks for me. I hope you get some good feedback.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Up your calories. Open your diary so we can see how much and what you've been eating. I was astounded when I upped my calories from 1300 to 1700, my plateau of 1 month ended in less than a week.
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    have you tried zig-zagging? it was what brought me out of mine! i also started taking green tea supplements and incresed my water by 5 cups a day. i am now back to at least losing a pound a week....i would like the 2 back i was losing but i think when my body is ready...it will go back to that.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Read my post - Plateau........Busted. If you open your food diary, we can take a peek.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am going to start zig-zaging my calories by maybe 200 - 300. So one day I may go over 100, the next under 200, the next over 300, next under 200, etc. I have heard that is supposed to confuse your body and allow further weight loss. Plus on over days, you can have some treats that you may not normally get to have.
  • Stuartm1
    Stuartm1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Have you been measuring yourself, you could have built muscle which although you lose inches is denser and therefore weighs the same as an old amount of fat would. Failing that try changing your excersise routine and if you do not normally eat back excersise calories try doing this on alternate days for a while. 2 weeks isn't really a long time though you may find that you have lost next week. Good luck
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have no true advice, but I've been there for 2 weeks as well. My scale actually went up some!!! Even though I've always been under in calories! People always say to take measurements. Mine did go down some, but that really doesn't make me feel any better about the scale! I'm trying to stay positive and say that this just happens occasionally and not to give up, the scale will eventually move!
  • stuarth79
    stuarth79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hI

Try taking a diary of your diet & exercise for 2/3 weeks and weigh yourself at the same time each week i.e sat morning when you wake up. if your weight is the same for this period you are eating at your maintenance level, which basically means you will stay the same wieght unless you alter something.

You need to create a deficit of 500 cals per day (3500 cals per week) there are 2 ways to do this:

1. take 500 cals per day out of your daily food intake

2. do a mixture of calories out of your food intake and extra exercise i.e take 250 cals per day out of you calorie intake and burn an extra 250 cals doing exercise.

The reason you need to burn 3500 cals per week is this is how much a pound of fat weighs.

doing the above you will healthly lose 1-2lbs per week.

Hope this helps

good luck!!
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Up your calories 200 cals and go buy a bunch of fruit and veggies eat mostly that with meals for a week then after you stop loosing again go back down to your normal calories! It worked for me Good Luck!
  • LyneaS
    LyneaS Posts: 22
    Options
    Ha Ha, I have been at a plateua for 6 MONTHS! It's silly, because I have this number in my head of how much I want to weigh and I still have 6 pounds to go. But, like someone said, take measurements. You may be building muscle. The number on the scale isn't everything!!!
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    The only thing that's helped me get past plateaus is to EAT MORE. Increase calories and you'll see movement within a week. :)

eta: Downward movement that is, not meaning you'll gain. Just in case that wasn't obvious. LOL!
  • EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Options
    1. change ur training, if ur running 15min streight run 20 min of intervals instead... if ur not lifting weights.. start now and do lots of supersets/trisets/giant sets as they actuly raise ur metabolism for next 48hrs vs jogging u just burn fat during the run

2.play with ur calories if ur too low already then increase for couple weeks n start to drop again

3. try a diff diet plan.. lets say if so far u have been just dropping ur cals.. try anabolic diet now..

4. try supplements ECA stack...

5.... dont give up no matter how long the plateau because u always can break through it...
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    I've always been afraid to do this, but it works. Up your calories. I was at a plateau for 3 weeks, almost 4, and I was getting very frustrated. I got a body media fit and realized my calorie deficit was way over 1000 calories per day (esp when I worked out), I've bumbled my calories from 1200 to 1400, bam down 1.4 lb after 2 days on my weigh in day and the next day, I was even lower (though I don't count it til my next weigh in day on Thursdays) and still dropping. I may even eat more next week, I'm going to see how this goes for a week.