Macros question!

je7d3ahyhr1q.jpeg

If the "remaining" is green and im currently trying to be in a CALORIC DEFICIT does that mean i stop eating there or should I still eat that remaining number? Kinda confused!! Should I not care about how much calories are burned (yes even though i know these are only rough estimates via my fitness tracker on the apple watch) and only focus on the 1800 calorie goal? Thank you!

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    What did you do to burn 500 calories? If done correctly, you can eat all of the calories, but with high calorie burn #s there is a greater chance that they are overestimated.
  • kjesprs
    kjesprs Posts: 5 Member
    What did you do to burn 500 calories? If done correctly, you can eat all of the calories, but with high calorie burn #s there is a greater chance that they are overestimated.

I spend 1.5-2hrs at the gym strength training! Leg days 3x a week, upper body 3x, and cardio (liss or hiit) is done on upper body!!

Just wanna make sure im not undereating or else my body thinks its in survivial mode holding on to the fat i have :(
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    kjesprs wrote: »

I spend 1.5-2hrs at the gym strength training! Leg days 3x a week, upper body 3x, and cardio (liss or hiit) is done on upper body!!

Just wanna make sure im not undereating or else my body thinks its in survivial mode holding on to the fat i have :(

"Survival mode" isn't a thing. Google "Minnesota Starvation Project." Every single person involved lost weight. Not a single body was "holding on to the fat." That's why there are zero fat POW's and why people in 3rd world countries die of...wait for it...starvation.

Also, unless you are truly a freak of nature, you aren't burning 500 cal with those workouts you've described. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30768553 that just references resistance training, but most estimations of calories burned during cardio are also wildly inaccurate. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4974868/ I believe the Apple watches have been tested and are ~40% high as well, but I don't have a citation handy for that right off the top of my head. If you're estimating based on the readout on a machine at the gym, then it will be even less accurate.
  • liz0269
    liz0269 Posts: 139 Member
    If you set your goal to lose weight, your prescribed deficit is already calculated into your 1860 calories. If you don't eat back your exercise calories, you will make your deficit that much larger.

As far as exercise calories, that number may or may not be accurate. I know from my own numbers that I burn 330 calories per hour. I used an online calculator to come up with that average and I have verified it with several weeks of data.

• kelseyg22
    kelseyg22 Posts: 25 Member
    Wow! Since nobody has said it yet, GREAT JOB in the gym!!😉 keep it up!!